Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Blackberry not showing in Devices list

Solved!

[BB] Blackberry not showing in Devices list

I've just upgraded to Spotify Premium specifically so that I can listen to offline playlists on my Blackberry, however the device is not showing up on the Devices list on my computer.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify on the Blackberry, but this makes no difference.  Both computer and Blackberry are logged in to the same WiFi network.  So frustrating - please can someone advise without using too much technical jargon as I am not an IT expert - but I don't think what I'm trying to achieve should require me to be??!!

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

The WiFi sync functionality only works on iPhone/iPod touch and Android clients, its only used for syncing local files mainly anyways. 

If you want to sync playlists for offline on your BlackBerry, just log into the Spotify client on the phone, select the playlist you wish to sync offline and and hit the "Download" slider at the top of the playlist. It will then download the tracks so that you can listen to them when you are offline. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

The WiFi sync functionality only works on iPhone/iPod touch and Android clients, its only used for syncing local files mainly anyways. 

If you want to sync playlists for offline on your BlackBerry, just log into the Spotify client on the phone, select the playlist you wish to sync offline and and hit the "Download" slider at the top of the playlist. It will then download the tracks so that you can listen to them when you are offline. 

Peter

Peter

That didnt solve the problem what so ever... You say: "its only used for syncing local files mainly anyways" Uh yeah? thats the point... I want to do this. Don't act like there is no point to do that and move on.

Incredible how spotify cannot make a consistent application across any OS. How this software gets released this bad is incredible.

@roffir wrote:

That didnt solve the problem what so ever... You say: "its only used for syncing local files mainly anyways" Uh yeah? thats the point... I want to do this. Don't act like there is no point to do that and move on.

Incredible how spotify cannot make a consistent application across any OS. How this software gets released this bad is incredible.

Sorry for missing that point, but there was no mention of local files in your original post, just offline playlists. 

The BlackBerry client has always been basic compared to iOS and Android unfortunately. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts