Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Blackbery 9900 how do I (can I ?) sync seelcted starred items from the balckberry back to PC?

[BB] Blackbery 9900 how do I (can I ?) sync seelcted starred items from the balckberry back to PC?

Only seems to work from PC to phone?

10 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I am not 100% what you mean here. 

Your Spotify playlists should be consistant across all of your devices, meaning if you are logged into the same account on your BlackBerry and your PC then starring a track should also star it on the desktop application. Is this not what happens for you? 

If not, make a note of anything you have recently changed on the BlackBerry application and then force it to resync your playlists by going to Menu > Settings > Reset Playlists. This will get the app to resync your playlists with the Spotify server, but any recent changes might be lost. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the welcome and advice Peter

I have just starred a track on my blackberry.

Closed spotify on there

Opened spotify on the pc

But it doesnt appear on there as a starred item - seems this should happen automatically ?

Have done a reset playlists  before but this just brings favourites in line with what I see on my pc so I loose the ones I starred on the blackberry

Mike

That is very strange, I just tested this on my Bold 9900 and the starred track appeared on the desktop client within seconds! Are you sure your phone is in online mode? Can you search and stream tracks?

Can you try the steps outlined by me in this post?

It will remove all of your playlist files manually and then force the client to redownload them again. 

Peter

Peter

Peter

Thanks again

I have deleted spotify from the blackberry

Rebooted

Re-installed spotify

Changed the permissions to allow on Application Management

Back into Spotify on Blackberry  -  list of starred tracks (111) is still there, including the track I added as a test

To spotify on pc - still showing only 88 tracks, not including test track or others previously starred on the blackberry

Seems to me problem is with pc as bberry is acting as it should

Tried removing and then re-installing Spotify on the pc

No change

Note whilst testing I starred a track on the pc and it appeared almost immediately on the Blackberry, ie correct behaviour

But still cannot  get tracks I star on the Blackberry to appear as starred on the pc

Okay, thanks for the extra information.

I am going to ask a member of the community staff to look into this for you, since I am all out of ideas since the BlackBerry seems to be working correctly. 

Peter

Peter

Actually, one more thing to check.

Can you just double check the tracks aren't being hidden on the desktop version by going to Edit > Preferences > Playback > (Untick) Hide unplayable tracks and then navigate back to starred, can you now see the tracks?

Peter

Peter

I have unticked the hide unpayable tarcks but my starred list still doesnt include evreything from the blackberry..

Okay, I have escalated this topic to the community team for you asking them to look into your playlists on Spotify's side (since I can't access that information). As its the weekend, they are normally light on staff but I will make sure someone looks into this for you as soon as possible 😉 

Peter

Peter

Can't seem to find anything wrong with your playlists. It might just be some lag you are encountering. Below are the last 3 tracks I can see that you have starred. Did you do any of these on your Blackberry?

Neil Sedaka – Stairway To Heaven - 2001 Remastered
Bloodhound Gang – The Bad Touch
Elbow Jane – 3 Side Island

Airhorn Enthusiast

These are tracks that I starred from my pc

An example of a track that I added from my Blackberry is Rolling Stones Tumbling Dice

This is one of 111 tracks on there, there are fewer on the pc.

Suggested posts