Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Can't log in

[BB] Can't log in

I've been using Spotify on my blackberry for 6 months. Apart from some bugs I've never had a problem. Today I can't log in, the app just hangs on the login page. The only thing I changed since I last used spotify was my is my blackberry password (not spotify account password) because it expired yesterday.

My spotify account seems to be ok, I can still use it on my computer.

I've tried full system shutdown and deleting, reinstalling the app (twice). No luck. 

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

6 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Is this happening over WiFi and 3G? 

I have seen many issues with Spotify over 3G but not normally over WiFi.

Also are you using BIS or BES? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the response!

I'm currently at home connected to Wifi. The phone seems to be connected ok. I was able to browse App World to find and re-download Spotify.

I've tried logging in with just Wifi turned on, just 3G turned on and with both turned on with the same results.

I had to google BIS vs BES. My BB is suplied by my employer and I receive work emails so I'm guessing BES. 

Can you double check your Spotify application permissions are all set to allowed. 

Follow the instructions here to get to them 😉 

Otherwise, you might want to check with the BES provider (your company IT department or whoever is in charge) and ask them to make sure that Spotify traffic is being allowed. Details about connections can be found in this topic.

Peter

Peter

This issue is still outstanding for me. I have checked the permissions and they are correct. I've not been able to get information about whether my BES provider is allowing the traffic. 

All blackberry traffic even on WiFi will be routed through your BES depending on setup. 

If you are having service issues on BES, it is most likely to do with your service setep 😞

Peter

Peter

Maybe the solution Peter found for me here might solve your problem, too?

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Windows-Phones-Blackberry/BB-Login-not-working-connection-see...

Suggested posts