Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Having Problems Signing In or Syncing over 3G? Read Here.

[BB] Having Problems Signing In or Syncing over 3G? Read Here.

EDIT: There is now an official help page about this issue here. 

Hey guys 🙂

There have been several topics posted here lately about BlackBerry users not being able to log into the Spotify BlackBerry client whilst being connected via 3G services. It seems strange that it works correctly over WiFi and other applications work fine over 3G but after much research and thinking I have found a solution to allow Spotify to work over 3G! 🙂

You need to manually set your carrier APN settings to allow the Spotify client to know how to connect from your mobile network onto the general Internet.

PLEASE NOTE: Setting your TCP/IP APN may incur extra data charges from your operator, as it might be deemed to be outside of your monthly data limit. It is worth checking this before you change these settings. Personally I am on o2, and I am yet to see any additional charges on my account but there is no clear definition of this in my contract T&C's! Do this at your own risk.

You will need to find out your carrier's APN settings, a quick google search gave me mine (o2 UK):

APN: mobile.o2.co.uk 
UserName: web 
Password: web

You need to enter this information in:

Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > TCP IP

and then save! 

Spotify should then magically start working over 3G. If you are still having issues, try uninstalling Spotify, removing all Spotify files from your device and then reinstalling.

I am not sure why Spotify does not work over the default blackberry.net connection, when other applications do. I am going to pass this information onto the community team who can hopefully pass it on internally.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

6 Replies

Hey there, awesome stuff!

Are you able now to stream over 3G/EDGE?

Yes 🙂 

Although I'm not even looking to stream over 3G, just wanted to be able to log into Spotify to listen to my offline playlists without needed to disconnect the phone from the mobile network first! 

Peter

Peter

Good solution, this did it for me.

Am on Vodafone NL. I set my apn to office.vodafone.nl, no user and pass. Works like a charm!

Cheers

Glad its working 🙂 

Hopefully the developers can look into making Spotify work over BIS/BES!

Peter

Peter

I am stunned that instead of it syncing over the wi-fi which was what I having issues with, I disconnected from my home network and it is syncing ever so slowly over GRPS/Edge!  How crazy is that?! I bought the Wi-Fi with the intent to better utilize Spotify especially since I have unlimited data. Well...at least now I know how I have to sych it although it was working fine through the Wi-Fi before!  Strange! As stated hopefully Spotify will work on this for BlackBerry users 😞 I am a preimium User I was hoping to use the features of Wiireless synching for that purpose.  Ahh the bugs and work arounds are better than nothing for results.

Hey guys 🙂

Just wanted to drop another post onto this topic to let you know that I checked my most recent o2 bill today and I have not been charged for using the APN posted in my post! 😄 so that's a big thumbs up from me!

As I said in the first post, it is worth checking with your carrier before doing this, because they might charge you a fortune. I have permission to tether my BlackBerry Playbook to my o2 phone is where I got the idea to try this from.

Happy Listening 🙂
Peter

Peter

Suggested posts