Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Not able to login to Spotify on BlackBerry Curve

Solved!

[BB] Not able to login to Spotify on BlackBerry Curve

I try to login to Spotify on my BlackBerry Curve but this just induces an error message: "Login failed. Could not connect to Spotify. Please check your network (WiFi, APN) settings." I have 3G and BlackBerry Internet data services on my phone, so the problem should not be that the phone is not on-line. And I have Spotify Premium. What could be the problem and how can I solve it? Am I missing some sort of a synchronisation process with my Spotify library? I have also tried clearing the cache on my mobile Spotify but to no avail.

Many thanks! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there!

Welcome to the community 🙂 

I have a few suggestions and questions:

Firstly, if you go to Service Status under the heading "BlackBerry Internet Service" does it say "Mobile Network" or "Wi-Fi" or "Not Connected"? If you are using BES, then you may be subject to internet restrictions and you should contact you provider. 

Secondly, do you normally log into Spotify using your Facebook credentials? If so you will need to set a Device Password as the Spotify client does not support logging in via Facebook.

Next, you should try if possible connecting to a WiFi network and see if that resolves the issue. 

If none of the above works then I suggest you try removing and installing the application again from the App Store.

Feel free to post if you need more help,

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there!

Welcome to the community 🙂 

I have a few suggestions and questions:

Firstly, if you go to Service Status under the heading "BlackBerry Internet Service" does it say "Mobile Network" or "Wi-Fi" or "Not Connected"? If you are using BES, then you may be subject to internet restrictions and you should contact you provider. 

Secondly, do you normally log into Spotify using your Facebook credentials? If so you will need to set a Device Password as the Spotify client does not support logging in via Facebook.

Next, you should try if possible connecting to a WiFi network and see if that resolves the issue. 

If none of the above works then I suggest you try removing and installing the application again from the App Store.

Feel free to post if you need more help,

Peter

Peter

Many thanks hammeh,

connecting to WiFi did the trick!

thanks again.

Thanks Peter. You suggestion about Device Passwords worked for me. Up and running in minutes, and all songs sync'ed properly. Enjoying Spotify again!

gmc

@gcatlin wrote:

Thanks Peter. You suggestion about Device Passwords worked for me. Up and running in minutes, and all songs sync'ed properly. Enjoying Spotify again!

gmc

Glad I could help 🙂

Peter

Peter

Salut j'ai un soucis, spotify mobile me demande de m'abonner a un compte prenium pour acceder a spotify mobile. si quelle qu'un peux m'aider s'il vous plais merci de repondre vite 

English please...

Translated with Google:

Hi I have a concern, spotify mobile asking me to subscribe to a prenium account to access a mobile spotify. if any one can help me if you like it thank you to respond quickly

Answer:

Spotify in Mobile is only available with Premium.

Spotify Mobile est disponible uniquement avec prime. (Google Translator)

Suggested posts