Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Offline playlists will not download

[BB] Offline playlists will not download

I am using spotify on a BlackBerry Torch 9860.  I realise it is not in the supported list, but i have found that it works mostly ok.  General problems I have had in the past include occasional pauses in playback and sporadic loss of offline content.  I'm happy to deal with this until spotify comes into proper support status for BlackBerry.

However, a couple of days ago I set the app to online mode to sync a new offline playlist, and I got a message saying I had exceeded the number of devices for offline content, and all my locally downloaded content on my phone was deleted (or rather, marked deleted, the SD card still had 9GB of spotify data on it).  I have 3, and ONLY 3 devices with offline content on them.

Ever since, I have been unable to offline download particular playlists.  Some download, some do not; the application simply says it is downloading track 1 of xxx and never actually downloads anything.  The same playlists are affected each time.  Other playlists will download.  I have tried reinstalling the spotify app, and I have tried deleting all of the spotify data from my SD card and reinstalling.

Again, I realise my device is not supported in full, but I love spotify, and it would be great to get functionality I have seen working in the flesh, back on my BlackBerry again.  Anyone got any ideas?

2 Replies

Bump, no I mean BIG BUMP

Hey guys!

Sometimes the Spotify system gets confused about how many offline devices you have. As you can imagine it is hard to keep track with devices being updated and changed all the time. 

There is a simple fix, you need to request your offline devices be reset by dropping a post onto this topic and one of the forum staff will do it for you. The bad news, you will need to re-sync any offline content. I'm pretty sure if you already have it synced offline it will just enable those tracks again.

Also remember when using offline playlists you must go online at least once every 30 days to verify your subscription is still active.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts