Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Spotify available for Blackberry bold 9930?

[BB] Spotify available for Blackberry bold 9930?

I've been a premium member for over 10 months now and I would hate to have to cancel my membership due to me not being able to use it. I just purchaed the Blackberry 9930 Bold and i've tried every possible route into getting it to work on my new phone. I love this program I just would like to have my music on the GO. And since downloading music is illegal now I really don't see any other way around this problem other than subscribing somewhere else. I really hope you guys plan on converting the program over soon.

Thanks!

Braedon 

Super User Edit - Adding Topic Tag

12 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

As far as I am aware, and according to the BlackBerry store, Spotify is supported on the Bold 9930, so you should be able to download it from BlackBerry World. I use it on my Bold 9900 and it works well! 

You used to be able to manually download the BlackBerry installer from the Spotify website, but it appears to have gone missing after the website redesign, I have escalated this to the community staff. If you can't find it in the BlackBerry World, let me know.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey Peter,

I scanned the barcode and looked up the spotify app on the blackberry world and it still doesn't work. When I try to access m.spotify.com it just transfers me to the main website. If you would let them know for me that would be great!!! Sorry for the negative attitude before i'd just love to use the application!

Thanks again,

Braedon 

I got a response to my escalation this morning, the Spotify team are looking into why m.spotify.com has disappeared for downloading the installer on mobile platforms. I will keep you updated 😉 

Peter

Peter

Appreciate it, I just tried to log in on m.spotify.com with my bold again it still doesn't work so yeah let me know what happens please!

Thanks again!

@Bdmerlo wrote:

Appreciate it, I just tried to log in on m.spotify.com with my bold again it still doesn't work so yeah let me know what happens please!

Thanks again!

Hey again 🙂 

I am still waiting to hear back about the mobile site, however someone else posted a link her on the community where you can download the BlackBerry client from another source. The link is in this post. Be aware that it is not an official download, so use it at your own risk.

Peter

Peter

I'd love to know this as well... I've actually gotten the app installed from that link you referred to, but I get an error on launching "Spotify not supported on this device".  Is this a Verizon thing?  I'd love to be able to use Spotify on my phone 😞

Blackberry 9930, Verizon

I just tried that link you posted and I'm still getting the error message “spotify not supported on this device“ as well. I have a sprint phone so I don't think its the carrier that's causing the problems.

Blackberry 9930, Sprint

Hey guys 🙂 

Just out of interest, since I am based in the UK and not familiar with your networks, are those networks CDMA or GSM based?

Spotify on BlackBerry is not supported on CDMA networks due to issues decoding the ogg format when transferring on those networks. 

Peter

Peter

They both are, yes.  That's an interesting point.  I am switching from an iPhone 4S, also on Verizon, which ran Spotify perfectly fine.  Some limitation of the Blackberry then?  I hope there's a workaround someday 😞

-Jack

@jackpwns wrote:

They both are, yes.  That's an interesting point.  I am switching from an iPhone 4S, also on Verizon, which ran Spotify perfectly fine.  Some limitation of the Blackberry then?  I hope there's a workaround someday 😞

-Jack

Unfortunately, it has been that way since the app was announced

Not really sure what the difference it to be honest!

Peter

Peter

Wait, so it's doubtful that spotify will ever work on our devices? Bummer 😞 

i wish i would have known this before i bought my blackberry 9930

Suggested posts