Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Spotify for Blackberry is buggy

Solved!

[BB] Spotify for Blackberry is buggy

Hi,

I have a Blackberry 9300 Bold and Blackberry client is extremely buggy.

I have to re-sync the files many times because for apparently no reason it loses the sync.

Sometimes it crashes (software expection) and then I have to re-sync +50 songs again. 

For the past week, I had to re-sync all the songs about 5 times. 

Further, once it stopped working at all. I had to remove the spotify client, restart the blackberry, install it again and re-sync.

Sometimes, It plays for 5 seconds.. buffers for 10 seconds and so on. I tried to see if other applications too much CPU/BW but it was not the case. The connection was also fully 3G and the coverage was very good.

I have the spotify in 3 clients (2 computers + 1 blackberry) but I think this shouldn't be the problem?

Myself and so many users waited for so long to have the blackberry client and now that we have it's quite instable and leads to frustrations and bad user experience.

When do you have plans to release the next minor/major Spotify client for Blackberry?

PS: I only stream & sync in low-quality.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey!

Spotify is be available over in App World at the moment - I would recommend reinstalling the application, and installing it from App World, and seeing how you get on now. I've popped instructions below -

1. Find the Spotify app.
2. Press the menu key.
3. Choose delete.
4. Reboot your BlackBerry when prompted.
5. Head over to App World and install Spotify from here.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I'm doing it right now. Hope most of the problems got solved, cause I really like Spotify and I dont want to change my source for music.

Will come back in a few days to post my opinion.

BTW, it would be nice to have Spotify in my playbook, also. Its speakers are quite good and it could work as. A decent portable stereo.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi,

I'm here for exactly the same reasons. Long time Spotify user, a few months Premium after I found out about the long time awaited BB beta client was out.

Same issue with the (seemingly eternal) re-syncing. Not my entire collections of tracklists, but with a handful of them that remained unchanged from one session to the next.

Also, it also skips (ramdomly) some secs while playing any song, and, by the way, my BB torch 9800 still happens to be officially unsupported (at least that's what the spanish website reads).

I don't know if it's a problem within RIM or within Spotify, but I think we're not getting the same QoS other premium customers are enjoying (mainly, iOS and Android ones).

I'm on the Blackberry Bold 9900 and the app used to work great until about two weeks ago. Now I seem to have tracks continually tying to sync (they never manage it) and at least once per day the entire app will freeze for approx. 5 mins before I get an 'Unhandled Exception' error.

I would like to see reply from anyone from SPOTIFY team, at least it would make me feel better as a customer instead of being ignored.

Marked as solution

Hey!

Spotify is be available over in App World at the moment - I would recommend reinstalling the application, and installing it from App World, and seeing how you get on now. I've popped instructions below -

1. Find the Spotify app.
2. Press the menu key.
3. Choose delete.
4. Reboot your BlackBerry when prompted.
5. Head over to App World and install Spotify from here.
Airhorn Enthusiast
Marked as solution

I'm doing it right now. Hope most of the problems got solved, cause I really like Spotify and I dont want to change my source for music.

Will come back in a few days to post my opinion.

BTW, it would be nice to have Spotify in my playbook, also. Its speakers are quite good and it could work as. A decent portable stereo.

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately in the AppWorld it shows "Unavailable for this device." I have a BB 9700 Bold (v5.0).

I am currently out of a spotify supported country, can this be the reason?

Thanks,

I too have a lot of problems. It was working, then stopped. Much like the people above say. One of the things that bugs me most is I cannot see any subscribed playlists on my phone (Curve 9300). If I want to subscribe to a list, I have to subscribe on my computer. THEN on my BLACKBERRY i have to create a folder. Then on the computer, copy all the songs from subscribed playlist to the folder i made on BB. I cannot make the folder on computer. Any subscribed or folders made on my computer do not appear on the device.

Reinstalling doesnt help.

Please fix this!!

Suggested posts