Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Syncing problems with Blackberry

[BB] Syncing problems with Blackberry

Hi everyone! 

I'm using the Spotify app on Blackberry 9900 for a year and half now, but I encounter the syncing problem each time that I add new music on my Starred playlist, and then it miraculously starts to sync. Can someone tell me what's the magic combination to do for it to work properly? I'm kinda sick and tired of reinstalling the app each time ! I really love Spotify, but the service shouldn't disregard the service qualuty for Blackberry even though there are less and less users nowadays. 

Thanks a lot for any reply !

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Unfortunately the BlackBerry application hasn't been updated for a long time, most users (including myself) have jumped ship, especially now there is no BlackBerry 10 support at all. 

I did spend a lot of time trying to force syncs on my Bold 9900, unfortunately I found the only way to get mine to resync after the first sync after reinstalling was to request an offline device reset!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've tried everything. Including requesting a playlist reset, multiple reinstalling, rebooting, toggling settings. 

No dice. 

Support seems non-existent. 

End of the line between me and blackberry, I think. Or maybe me and spotify. Not sure which is the lesser evil. 

I have had literally 0 issues with Spotify since I moved to iOS, not choosing sides or anything 😛 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No actually Spotify's support service is really good ! We've been exchanging mails for days now, even though we can't solve the problem, they are still trying to, and not ignoring it like other services would do... 

I believe it's an internal problem between Spotify and Blackberry that they need to update at some point... Likewise, I've done hundreds of reinstallings, reboots, deletes, resets.. Nothing works! I feel like my phone is doomed 😞 

But still, again, the support service is really good !

Suggested posts