Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB10] Spotify on Blackberry 10

[BB10] Spotify on Blackberry 10

As the Blackberry Z10 has now been launched when can paying customers expect a spotify app for use on the new operating system?

From what i've learnt it is very easy to port an android app over from android to work quite well on blackberry 10. Could this be a shortcut into the market?

We're just asking for a definite yes or no and if yes when?

78 Replies

Just follow the guy here to get Spotify on your BlackBerry 10 device - http://blackberryempire.com/spotify-for-blackberry-10-get-it-now/

Hallo,

I can't get the Spotify App for my new BlackBerry Z10.

It was perfect on my BB 9900 Bold and I am Premium Spotify, but I have no idea what to do now...

Can somebody help me?

Thanks!

@Ovva I moved your post to the relevant thread. You'll see that there is no spotify app for the Z10. There is an idea here and a post about sideloding the android app here.

Bye Bye Spotify...

Just have canceled my premium sub to spotify... can`t use on my bbq10 so... good luck 😄

Cancelled mine for the 2nd time about  a week ago as well. Ridiculous.

Ante la falta de interes de Spotyfy de generar la app para Blackberry Z10... yo le di de baja a mi cuenta Premium, a modo de protesta, ya que no puedo hacer uso de todas la funciones que promete, limitando la versatilidad del servicio que estoy pagando. Estare atento al día en que Spotyfy quiera expandir sus usuarios Premium en Blackberry Z10.

If you are using BB 10.2+ you should be able to use the Spotify android application on your device.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ok have to cancel spotify as well. Still no native BB10 Version?? The third generation of devices are coming soon!

I have latest apk installed on 10.2.1, no music control and crappy performance (unlike most other apps in Android runtime!) just sucks out the battery and doesn't respond while playback. Poor, very poor!

My carrier offered me a free year, well that won't be extended. Getting the good stuff from iTunes now and copy it over. Even "rude Apple" is more customer friendly! Ever thought about an API so that 3rd-Parties could develop Spotify everywhere?

Sorry guys, had a great time but we need to move on now.

On BlackBerry 10 devices install the Snap software which allows you to install Android Apps and then install Spotify for Android.
All your worries are gone.

No, as I said:

"I have latest apk installed on 10.2.1, no music control and crappy performance (unlike most other apps in Android runtime!) just sucks out the battery and doesn't respond while playback."

and by crappy performance I mean I have to stop and restart playback after three or four songs. And to do that I have to wait like 20 seconds until the UI view model is ready for user input, I can't change songs on my headset, not on my pebble and even not with the volume buttons. I can't stop the music quickly when my bluetooth headset runs out of juice or disconnects and I get poor sound quality if the equalizer is disabled. And it slows down any other application running in the android runtime which I have to use more often than I wanted to but spotify NEEDS performance so there must be a native app.

There are just too many flaws to justify the price of the subscription.

Upgrading to OS 10.2.1.3247 (on BlackBerry Z10) might solve your problem.

Exactly the version I'm running on my Q10.

Software-Release 10.2.1.2977

OS 10.2.1.3247

This issue needs to be adressed with a stamp of approval from Spotify. How can they allow such a niche market of business users in the United Kingdom to be without live streaming of Spotify's service?

If they keep this up, Scotland will demand a re-count.

I am an owner of the BlackBerry Passport. Previously I had the BlackBerry Z10. I'm using Spotify in the Android version but not as nice as could be the native version. It is slow and unresponsive.

It became even slower since the last update. Playlist overview now takes much to long to load 😞

Spotify is almost unusable on the latest BB10 on the Q10. Performance is probably better on the Z30 due to its sportier processor. The funny thing is Spotify still works great on my WebOS devices... oh they have native apps.

I use the latest Spotify (android version from amazon store 3.3.0.988) on my Blackberry Classic with BB10.3.1.179.

Since like 2 weeks I have big trouble when connecting my blackberry to my car (Audi A3 from 2014). When starting to use spotify in my car it was the best way to start spotify on the phone first and then to activate the media source "Phone" in the car. Then everything worked fine and the music started to play immediately.

But now when I do so the spotify app is always closed and the BB10 music app opens (multiple times, closing it once is not enough)....... Does anyone have a solution for this?? It is really annoying but I found no option to deactivate the BB10 music app as the standard or something like that.... I hope somebody can help - thanks in advance!

Yes

Suggested posts