Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BBC Playlister won't update

BBC Playlister won't update

Why won't my BBC Playlister update to match my BBC tracks? It hasn't updated for at least a year. I've even tried deleted and re-adding the playlist.
5 Replies

Hey @jimmyojames.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you give us some more info about the issue? Is it a playlist you are talking about? Send us over a link or screenshot perhaps. That can help 🙂

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

Hi.

So, when I export from the BBC My Tracks page to Spotify, it appears to 'find' all of them, but when I go to Spotify the BBC Music Playlister playlist hasn't updated. It's been the same 124 tracks for over a year.

Thanks

James

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 19.41.18.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-08 at 19.38.27.png

Hey @jimmyojames.

It looks like the playlist is one of your own personal playlists. It will only update if you add songs to it yourself. If the BBC has a certain feature that adds songs to your playlist but this doesn't happen anymore, we recommend reaching out to the BBC as they might be able to tell you more about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

This isn't a personal playlist I have created. As I've tried to explain, maybe not clearly, this, until November 2016, was automatically updating by exporting from BBC Music. It automatically names it BBC Music Playlister. It even links me to that playlist in Sopotify, but in Spotify none of the new tracks are showing, despite BBC My Tracks saying they have successfully been exported to Spotify. I can't understand why Spotify wouldn't know about this feature, as surely it involves some kind of partnership between Spotify and BBC Music.

Did you ever resolve this as I have the same problem. It used to work and now it doesn't.

Suggested posts