BMW Connected Drive deprecation

Solved!
Highlighted

BMW Connected Drive deprecation

Visitor

Hello!! I was informed that since the last update Spotify should have stopped working with BMW. I noticed, because all of a sudden the Spotify icon disappeared from Connecties Drive.... that is quote a sad thing.... Can anyone confirm that this is really true? And are options to get older Spotify options back so it starts working again?

Streaming songs one by one, using my phone as a remote while driving, isn't really an option....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Spotify does not work on bmw connected drive

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the reports you sent us. We’ve merged them all here and have an update to share with you on the matter.

We received confirmation that the BMW Connected Drive feature has been depreciated. As a result, it’ll no longer be possible to control Spotify via the onboard BMW system. You can however still enjoy your favorite music by connecting to your car’s audio system via Bluetooth.

We also have marked this Idea about bringing back the integration as open for voting. If this is something you would like to see make a return in the future, make sure to leave your vote there and subscribe to the idea. We’ll be monitoring it to pass the feedback on to the right team and keep you posted there, as soon as we have something to share.

To ensure we have one single place to gather feedback from, we'll be closing this thread for replies.

Drive safely!

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

View solution in original post

53 Replies
Highlighted

Missing BMW iDrive Spotify app using Android

Casual Listener

Hi there,

since yesterday i'm facing an issue on my 2019 BMW F20's iDrive. When I connect the smartphone (Samsung Galaxy A50) using the bluetooth, I can see no more the Spotify App within the media's list. 

I can as usual listen the music by spotify from the bmw bluetooth audio.

Today I tried to connect my gf's iPhone, and the app on the iDrive seems to work pretty well.

We both have Spotify Premium (I have the family).

I've tried to uninstall, delete data and cache of both Bmw ConnectedDrive and Spotify app. Delete the bluetooth connection between my smartphone and the car also seems not to have any effect.

Do you know a way to solve that issue?

Thank you

I started another one in the right section. Please delete this

Highlighted

Missing BMW iDrive Spotify app using Android

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Samsung Galaxy A50

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hi there,

since yesterday i'm facing an issue on my 2019 BMW F20's iDrive. When I connect the smartphone (Samsung Galaxy A50) using the bluetooth, I can see no more the Spotify App within the media's list. 

I can as usual listen the music by spotify from the bmw bluetooth audio.

Today I tried to connect my gf's iPhone, and the app on the iDrive seems to work pretty well.

We both have Spotify Premium (I have the family).

I've tried to uninstall, delete data and cache of both Bmw ConnectedDrive and Spotify app. Delete the bluetooth connection between my smartphone and the car also seems not to have any effect.

Do you know a way to solve that issue?

Thank you

Highlighted

Re: Missing BMW iDrive Spotify app using Android

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hi @Saifer,

I have removed this post as per your request.

Thanks,

EthanS1Rock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have exactly the same issue with Samsung S20. My iPhone still connects to Spotify. The issue seems to have been caused since the latest update 8.5.68.904

Highlighted

Visitor

Had exactly same issue. Did the Spotify update on my phone to .904 and it's has stopped working on my BMW iDrive ??? Please help 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same here. Samsung Galaxy S9+ and 2018 (F15) X5 (iDrive6). Spotify version 8.5.68.904. The issue emerged after the latest .904 Spotify update.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Had the same issue. Reverted back to the last version before the update and Spotify works fine on iDrive again. 

Hope this helps. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Thanks for the reply. Please advise, how to revert? Where can I find the older Spotify version?
Highlighted

Casual Listener

https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/versions

I uninstalled the updated version from my phone then downloaded and installed version 8.5.66.1002 from the website above. 

Hope that helps. 

SUGGESTED POSTS