Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Nokia 8 BMW 4er Gran Coupe (2016)

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

BT connection or the BMW Spotify App never worked properly on my Nokia 8 with Android 8.1. Now that i got the Android Pie update i tried it once more and now Bluetooth streaming as well as the BMW Connect App work perfectly. But the Spotify App does not. It is detected and i can select the App in the car, but then the App does not start. Can you please help me to get the App integration working?

21 Replies

Re: BMW Connected and Android 9 issue

Jemi
Spotify Legend

Hey @groove2spotify, help's here. 

Our best tech folks are on the case as we speak. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon!

Let us know if there's anything else!

JemiModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Use the force, Harry" - Gandalf

Forre2

Hi,

what was solution to this as "best tech folks" are still working on this ? (assuming so when problem still exists..)

Highlighted

groove2spotify
Roadie

the problem itself is not solved yet, but i don't think i can get a better solution for now than that the technical team is working on that problem

Tpeguk

I like how they say solved when actually it’s not. I have the same issue, I play my iPhone lead in got to my connected devices and Spotify doesn’t show up anymore at all, it used to. I figured it was connected service having expired. Should it be there, and Spotify....it isn’t solved.

groove2spotify
Roadie
It wasn't Spotify how set this topic to solved.

But I wonder that you have problems with your iPhone because in my car there is no problem with Spotify on iPhone. Only my Nokia 8 with Android pie and previous Oreo has the problem

man13080
Casual Listener

@Jemi wrote:

Hey @groove2spotify, help's here. 

Our best tech folks are on the case as we speak. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon!

Let us know if there's anything else!

What's the resolution or eta for one?

man13080
Casual Listener

@jemi, would you kindly update us on this. Thank you

jakej90
Casual Listener

Have the same issues with my Nokia 8 on Android 8.1 and now on Android 9.

My BMW will show the Spotify logo on the Media-tab and I can select it. Music will play if I start it in my phone, but the screen will show no information. It,s a blank screen without any buttons. Changing to Bluetooth audio at least gives me the option to change to next or previous track.

With my Samsung s6 I don't have these issues. I see all information and buttons to control the app through idrive.

An ETA for the solution would be really interesting!

Plz mark as unsolved!

groove2spotify
Roadie

little update from my side.

Yesterday i noticed that the current playlist screen changed when connected to the car. Furthermore i got the notification that i should connect to waze in order to use Spotify in the car. Well so Spoitfy know that it's in the car, why does the iDrive integration not work? btw the waze notification sucks. After i pressed deactivate waze it pops up the next time i connected to the car.

SUGGESTED POSTS