Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Nexus 6P

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

So I have a BWM 1 series for about a week now and was able to connect spotify without any problems until it stopped working once i got back in my car two days ago. It still shows up in my apps, and sometimes I can click it and continue to the next screen but it doesn't load any further than that. I also get a notification on my phone that it's connected.

The problem started when I used the spotify app on my computer and connected to Sonos. But I already changed it in the computer app so the music plays from my computer itself.

The funny thing is that it does play spotify from my phone connected via bluetooth, just not from the app that's in the list.

Any idea how I can fix this? Already tried to reinstall the app, open the spotify app through the connected drive app, and disconnect/reconnect my phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Guido
Spotify Legend

Hey all,

Thanks for all your feedback.

We're still looking into this on our end. We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we really appreciate you letting us know about this. Don't forget to inform BMW about this as well.

We’ve blocked replies to this thread as we are not gathering more examples for now.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

457 Replies

AshAlex34
Gig Goer

You should ask your local BMW dealer to show you how it works and then they will definitely know 🙂

Asklepi-OS
Regular

ok , so now the local car dealer blames Spotify for it ... (getting angry)

Edit: It works if i install 8.4.78.530 on my Nexus 5x, any newer version will fail

dan1431
Roadie

I had to have my car in for service and I mentioned the issue to my Service Advisor, he said that unfortunantly Android is just not a priority for BMW and thus issues like this will occur.

He further said that he has heard other customer complain about it, but there is not anything he can do about such issues as BMW has not issued any sort of technical service bulletin nor any instructions how to fix said issues.

At the end of the day he said that issues such as Spotify integration are controlled at the corporate level and the dealers really do not have any input nor control of them. He said other customers have told him that BMW passes the buck to Spotify and it seems from talking with those customers Spotify is not moving quickly to fix the issue.

With that said, I heard back from a Spotify rep that now says Spotify is looking at the issue and asked me to please be patient.

The big problem and well it is endemic of the entire tech industry is that we the customer are just not that important in a sense. If we were a big business we would get better serivce, but as we just end users, we have to deal with a certain amount of opacity with situations like this. It would be a breath of fresh air if a company like Spotify said, hey we are aware of the issue and we hope to have the issue fixed within x amount of time, but please understand that due to unforseen circumstances that date may change or something like.

Instead, we the customer have to deal with different anwsers from differrent reps and the promise of it well get fixed.

marccarney
Gig Goer

BMW ConnectedDrive support finally came back to me, and have said that they've been in contact with Spotify, and that a fix should be delivered in the first quarter of the year.

HendrikRhl
Music Fan

Got the same response as @marccarney

Tomxxx
Casual Listener

The response from Spotify Support Team I received several hours ago:

RE: BMW Connected Drive and Spotify for Android not working together [ ref:_00DD0pxIW._5005722bDUR:ref ]
Hey Tom,

Thanks for letting us know, you've been looking around, and found some info on the connected drive console. We're still working on it with BMW to get is fixed the soonest possible.

Many thanks for reporting this. Our tech folks are currently looking into it. A fix should be on its way soon! We've added your account to the list of users to be informed with priority when the fix has been developed, so you will be in the know.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us back. We're happy to help.

Have a nice day,

Erik

Spotify Customer Support

emilime
Music Fan

I also contacted Spotify support for the bug with MINI Connected, after an exchange of several emails to define the problem this is their last reply:

Hello again Emiliano,

We can't thank you enough for your patience in dealing with this issue. We're all in this together.

Our tech folks are currently looking into it. A fix should be on its way soon!

We really want to take care of this for you. Please keep your eyes peeled for update. If you have any further questions, please let us know!

Always a pleasure catching up with a fellow music lover,

Jhun

Spotify Customer Support

Ve3n
Casual Listener

Now that I also have Vers. 8.4.77.779 it's also working.

But it's a shame, that the updated version is not working. 

I don't believe that it will be fixed within the next updates so I will stick with the older version. 

Well, if it works I will read it here...

Thanks for the updates 

dan1431
Roadie

While I am glad the BMW ConnectedDrive responded to you, they told me that issues such as this are are the app vendor's problem and that I should direct any concerns I have with them.

When I specifically raised this issue with BMW ConnectedDrive I was politely told to contact Spotify as the only remedy available to me.

heimalis_
Casual Listener

I could kiss you. You're a lifesaver.

Just tried this. Works like a charm again. Turned off auto updates.

Araeftw
Casual Listener

I did reinstall Connected Drive and Spotify yesterday.

I discovered some features of Connected Drive after reinstalled it. Feature like ventilation, lock, unlock etc ...So, nice to have finaly this update.

But, reinstall both of the application didn't change anything.

Spotify is boring me ! They should rework all the application.

AshAlex34
Gig Goer

Try installing Spotify version 8.4.77.779 not the latest one from the Playstore 

Araeftw
Casual Listener

How can I do that? 

AshAlex34
Gig Goer

Here you go...click, download and install...Let me know how you get on

Link : {snip - link removed for security reasons by Community Moderator}

Amraam
Regular

No likes for this solution is an insult to you, so have some likes.  I'd kiss you but my girlfriend wouldn't be happy ha

Araeftw
Casual Listener

I found myself the apk of the old version.

Just tried in my car 2 minutes ago.

Working fine now !

So, Spotify must solve this in the future !

AshAlex34
Gig Goer

Yup! The other users unfortuntely dont know this....glad its working

chrislhurley
Regular

Just a quick thanks for the suggestion to go back to an earlier version. Works a treat! Thanks again 

AshAlex34
Gig Goer

No problem! 🙂 

Amraam
Regular

So it seems I have been bashing BMW for no reason.  I too worked out that it was Spotify at fault on the way home after testing that other BMWConnected apps work fine.  With Spotify, I can see the logo as an in Connected Drive, but when I select it as a source, all I get is a blank screen with no audio; completely and utterly useless.  MY67 530e

In the end, I paid the £1 to test the Online services, and the 2 mins I've played around with it it is impressive. It works so much better than Spotify that I'm tempted to cough up £120 to have the online services for the last 12 month of my lease.

SPOTIFY! SORT THIS OUT.  PLEASE!!

dhndearenas
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

ONE Plus 5T

Operating System

Oxygen OS 5.1.7 android 8.1.0 based

My Question or Issue

Have just updated the phone with the lastest oficial update which fixes compatibility problems with car bluetooths and Spotify stoped working with the connected Drive in BMW.

the problem is the update because some hours before Spotify worked fine. I Guess one plus Will say the problem is not their fault cause other apps are working and bluetooth audio works good too so please take a look at the problem. Maybe It can be solved with a Spotify app update.

SUGGESTED POSTS