Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BMW ConnectedDrive not working

Solved!

BMW ConnectedDrive not working

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Nexus 6P

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

So I have a BWM 1 series for about a week now and was able to connect spotify without any problems until it stopped working once i got back in my car two days ago. It still shows up in my apps, and sometimes I can click it and continue to the next screen but it doesn't load any further than that. I also get a notification on my phone that it's connected.

The problem started when I used the spotify app on my computer and connected to Sonos. But I already changed it in the computer app so the music plays from my computer itself.

The funny thing is that it does play spotify from my phone connected via bluetooth, just not from the app that's in the list.

Any idea how I can fix this? Already tried to reinstall the app, open the spotify app through the connected drive app, and disconnect/reconnect my phone.

457 Replies

Same problem here waiting for fix

Using iphone 5s and spotify with latest versions and it does not seem on my 2016 F10 Bmw Connected Drive. Before I was using well with car.

Have had the same issue for a few months using Nokia 8 - Android.  Using temporary workaround of going back to older version of Spotify and disabling auto update to Spotify.  Did alot of initial testing and troubleshooting when I first got the problem, am certain it was caused by a Spotify update.

Same issue here with Galaxy Note 9 and 2016 BMW 140i

I've got Spotify 8.4.77.779 installed and running latest iDrive on a new 1 series... still buggy for me! any ideas?

On Samsung s8 latest OS 

Still same here. I updated spotify on my iphone 5s and tried it on F10 Bmw 5 series 2016 model. The app did not seem on the car.

Just to clarify did you mean iOS or Android?

I ask because this thread is about an ongoing issue with Android, Spotify
and I drive, if it is also affecting iOS that may require it's own thread.

Yes on android - it shows up but is painfully slow and laggy

So, having had a couple of days with the older version installed it sort of works but isn't great.

For clarity I'm using a Samsung S7 with a Spotify premium account connected to a 1 week old 435d obviously with iDrive6.

It is slow and laggy as mentioned above and the song changer on the steering wheel plays a different song to the one I've selected but that's not the main problem. Even though my phone is plugged in throughout it absolutely kills my battery to the extent that when I've arrived at work (a drive of around 1hr 15m) my phone is at about 45% (obviously being fully charged when I started) and really hot.

Is anyone else also seeing battery problems on the older version of Spotify? I don't get this problem is I stream directly via Bluetooth.

Hi Woodster182. I had exactly the same problem as you've described before the update was released and it stopped working entirely. My phone always showed Spotify as having used a huge percentage of my battery. I haven't bothered trying to roll to the old Spotify version since the update though (mainly because of that issue).

Yes Spotify (8.4.77. 779)is eating the battery and making my Note S 9 run hot so a high CPU load.

I'm considering ditching Spotify completely and moving to Deezer as the attitude to devolopment at Spotify seems to be Gung Ho.

I really think it's time to move to another music stream provider.

Battery drain, need to use an older version, disconnecting all the time.. useless and not reliable.

iDrive6 M140i, Samsung S8 latest OS, Spotify 8.4.77.779.apk

Come on Spotify! Any news, other than the same old boring "We're working on it!" Rhetoric?  This is not a good old jolly social media 'chat' as people paying for your service are simply getting a substandard product.  

I've emailed BMW ConnectedDrive and recommended that they withdraw advertising their support for Spotify until Spotify are able to manage their Test and Release process properly; I'd be fired if I released such dodgy software to market.

I'm paying for Premium.... but not getting Premium.

Hello. Do you know how can I download the older version of Spotify to the my iphone 5s? In IOS is it possible to downgrade? I am paying Spotiyfy every month only to use it on my BMW idrive car but the app is still not seeming on idrive which is really annoying.

yes, I've been told since November/December that they we're working on the issue , now it's becoming very annoying , and even when it was working was very slow and buggy!! I'm not very satisfied of their support  , hope it will change in the future otherwise there's no reason to keep premium and to pay for it!

Installing older version of Spotify app from apk mirror is not a solution - you have to enable installing apps from untrusted sources which you should not do.

I believe the only way forward is Spotify developers fix this bug.  Have you tried writing on Spotify Facebook profile about this problem? Issue visible in social media may create some "pressure" 😉

Best regards,

Michał

@Surfek wrote:

Installing older version of Spotify app from apk mirror is not a solution - you have to enable installing apps from untrusted sources which you should not do.

I believe the only way forward is Spotify developers fix this bug.  Have you tried writing on Spotify Facebook profile about this problem? Issue visible in social media may create some "pressure" ;

Yes, I've contacted Spotify support some times ago, I rewritten today to know the working status of this fix, here is the answer:

Hello Emiliano,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Our best tech folks are still looking into this, sorry to keep you waiting. We understand this must be frustrating, but hopefully it won't be too much longer before we've resolved the issue.

Thanks again for your patience, we really appreciate it. 

Usual "customer service" rhetoric....

Let's reword it into something more sincere...

"Our best tech folks are still baffled by this and are busy Googling, sorry to keep you waiting. We understand this is frustrating, but hopefully it won't be too much longer before we've resolved the issue, but we can't say for definitite as the code is officially FUBAR.

Thanks again for your patience, we really appreciate you keep giving us your money. "

Time to alert The Register...

Just keep voting for the issue guys. The best we can do (other than stopping to pay for Spotify). I tried Deezer via connected drive last night. Takes some getting used to but it's nice to have everything in the menu 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/BMW-Connected-Drive-spotify-shows-up-but-does-not-pl...

Has someone tried it with version 8.5.90.722 released today? I didn't have any time yet.

Suggested posts