Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

BMW ConnectedDrive not working

Solved!

Re: BMW Connected Drive spotify shows up but does not play

hoverjay
Casual Listener

Having this problem too - really frustrating. worked fine on 2018 X1 and galaxy S9 for 5 months, then most recent update in nov spotify app wont work

Re: Spotify not running in BMW connected drive

jonibegood
Casual Listener

Fixed by uninstalling on my S9 and reinstalling the old version via the link on page 1.

I also use Spotify via Android Auto on my VW. Works really well. BMW need to stick to building cars and let Apple/Android run the apps.

Abonet
Regular

Here is a fix that works as suggested by the user above. Google old apks of Spotify and then download one from November. Make sure you turn off automatic updates from Google play. Then the Spotify icon will appear in connected drive like it used to

ultraomnis
Casual Listener

I also made it work with an old version from November. Unfortunately Spotify is disturbed by a phone call and doesn't continue running after that. Does anyone know this problem too?

ultraomnis
Casual Listener

thank You so much for this hint! It's finally working again.

Abonet
Regular

You're right. Has disappeared for me now and cant figure out how to bring it back. Super annoying @spotify can't figure this out.

georg94
Regular

In my opinion a downgrade of an application cannot be called a "fix" this is a workaround. It would be really nice if spotify can address this bug in the next update or even better as a hotfix.

tickneb
Casual Listener

I can't get mine working on any of the old versions. Frustrating! Same seems to have happened with audible on Android also! 

marccarney
Gig Goer
Same here, I thought it was because I changed my phone (now android 9) and
the workaround using the old version is also not working for me any more.
It seems to be getting worse, not better.

tickneb
Casual Listener

Also on Android 9 , seriously thinking of moving to iPhone. Tested on iDrive and every app works. Spotify, audible.. etc

SUGGESTED POSTS