Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

BMW ConnectedDrive not working

Solved!

Re: BMW Connected Drive spotify shows up but does not play

AshAlex34
Gig Goer

No problem! :) 

Re: Spotify not running in BMW connected drive

marccarney
Gig Goer

I'd have to disagree.  It's a proposed workaround rather than a solution.  I won't install untrusted apps from unknown sources, such as that link, for security reasons, so the workaround is not suitable for me, I need a proper fix in a new version of the Spotify app.

Re: Spotify not running in BMW connected drive

AshAlex34
Gig Goer

Just install the earlier version of Spotify -8.4.77.779  and it will work again, I spent two days troubleshooting including flashing an older version of Oreo onto my phone and found Spotify was the culprit

I am posting the link to the earlier version below 

Link : {snip - edit by Community Moderator}

Amraam
Regular

So it seems I have been bashing BMW for no reason.  I too worked out that it was Spotify at fault on the way home after testing that other BMWConnected apps work fine.  With Spotify, I can see the logo as an in Connected Drive, but when I select it as a source, all I get is a blank screen with no audio; completely and utterly useless.  MY67 530e

In the end, I paid the £1 to test the Online services, and the 2 mins I've played around with it it is impressive. It works so much better than Spotify that I'm tempted to cough up £120 to have the online services for the last 12 month of my lease.

SPOTIFY! SORT THIS OUT.  PLEASE!!

Amraam
Regular

No likes for this solution is an insult to you, so have some likes.  I'd kiss you but my girlfriend wouldn't be happy ha

heimalis_
Casual Listener

I could kiss you. You're a lifesaver.

Just tried this. Works like a charm again. Turned off auto updates.

dan1431
Roadie

Same issue.

heimalis_
Casual Listener

Try downloading an older version of Spotify.

Link : {snip - link removed for security reasons by Community Moderator}

marccarney
Gig Goer

What about the proper fix?  Putting an old version on there is a workaround not a solution.

Will you be forever stuck on an old version of Spotify for eternity?

Any news from Spotify Developers when we can expect an update that will work?

marc

AshAlex34
Gig Goer

My idea is just to get Spotify to work with the connected drive which for me was extremely frustrating,it allows me to use all the functions I need. I agree this should work with the latest build but this obviously needs to be addressed by the Spotify Developers and not us users. Being a paid subscriber to Spotify I would love to see this work on the new build too however I am happy not to update the app to continue using this feature. Hope Spotify sort this out on their next version.

SUGGESTED POSTS