Announcements

BMW ConnectedDrive not working

Solved!
Daisy
Spotify Legend

Hey everyone,

If you're having issues with BMW ConnectedDrive, we recommend you reach out to BMW about this.

Make sure your devices are always up to date. 

Have a nice day! 

Highlighted

Re: BMW ConnectedDrive not working

Regular

same thing for me. Got my new car this January. Spotify integration never really worked (Google Nexus 5x). I am really really disappointed with both Spotify and BMW. I used to drive BMW for quite a long time. BUT .... well, this is not the service i had in mind. 

Highlighted

Music Fan

Can someone contact BMW again for another update?  Better yet, could Spotify contact BMW directly and find the problem?

Highlighted

Regular

Hi, I am very frustrated too about the issue, but I don't think we have to blame Spotify about it.

I also have a BMW series 1 and I am amazed at the low-quality level of their entertrainment platform. It is uber **bleep**. For my experience, BMWs never scored well on the technology side.

The problem is with the Connected App an the way it connects with your phone, not with Spotify.

Just for the sake of it, I tried to use an iphone NOT using the carplay feature, and have experienced similar issues: the apps (Spotify and Stitcher) get stuck at some point.

In order to have things running smoothly, my suggestion is to get an iphone and use carplay if you have it.

Highlighted

Visitor

Ahhhh I thought I was alone in this frustrating situation.

bought a bmw a couple of months back , seemed to connect Bluetooth wise initially , then it dropped  and no matter what I did it wouldn’t come back , mysteriously reappeared and worked fine for a month , now it’s gone again ... 

I have deleted phone , constantly dropped Bluetooth reconnected ... to no avail .. anyone with current idea to get it back ? 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have a BMW with CiC Navi Professional. Spotify with an iPhone 5 via BMW Apps worked great until a few days ago. It will not work after updating the Spotify app. Other apps like TuneIn work. Spotify does not switch to this BMW mode anymore. Unfortunately, I do not know which version was installed before the update, now it is 8.5.16. Does somebody has any idea? Has the support of older BMW systems been discontinued or is there a bug in the current version?

Highlighted

Visitor

Same problem since the last spotify update. Can't see the app in my BMW. Tried everything but often happens after updates

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have the same problem, Can't see the app in my BMW.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hey guys,

I'm using the Spotify app on my Mini JCW, with a Samsung Galaxy S10+. Everything is working fine except that I'm unable to skip tracks using the steering wheel buttons. I can do it with the radio buttons of the screen buttons but nothing happens using the steering wheel ones, just a message saying "Loading". Does anyone has the same issue with a BMW/MINI?

Highlighted

Music Fan

Yes, I am having that same exact problem.  Does anyone know what spotify or BMW has said recently?

Highlighted

Music Fan
Simple answer is nothing. No communication from Spotify or BMW on this. What annoys me is that BMW are advertising Spotify integration when they know full well it's not reliable. Their app has something to do with it too, I think. I get the impression that BMW software development are poorly staffed, but other manufacturers are now leaving them behind. There seems to be a poor collaboration between BMW and Spotify.
SUGGESTED POSTS