Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

BMW ConnectedDrive not working

Solved!

Re: Spotify not running in BMW connected drive

andrey85s
Music Fan

Same problem for me... As soon as i start the app via the iDrive the display is blank and i have no sound   Please fix it!! 

Re: BMW Connected Drive spotify shows up but does not play

marccarney
Gig Goer

Why does this thread say 'solved' when clearly it is not solved.

Can someone please re-open it until a real solution is provided?

awaken138
Casual Listener

Thank you very much!
You saved my day. Current Version is still not working. 

chrislhurley
Regular

Just a thought. (I totally agree that it is NOT solved) Whilst Spotify is the problem, I would have thought BMW will not be happy to discover that none of their latest models, with their wonderful iDrive, are working with Spotify when their marketing will probably be claiming as such? Does anyone have a connection with BMW at a senior level to stir the pot?

dan1431
Roadie

Another update to the Spotify App today, I am currently out of the area and cannot test it myself.

So if anyone is able to test it, please report back.

Paul89
Casual Listener

It looks like Spotify has many newer versions beyond 8.4.77.779, anyone try out the newer versions to see if they work? Hope they fix this as I don't want to disable auto updates in the play store as this is pretty nice to have all my apps update w/out my active involvement..

dan1431
Roadie

I am on version 8.4.81.558 which I received today.

I am outta town and cannot test it, but that is the latest according to the Play Store.

mgoblue62
Casual Listener

8.4.81.558 not working for me.  Went back to old version using link above. Sad Spotify, really sad.  (Premium subscriber with family plan)

marccarney
Gig Goer

Mine didn't work with either of these recent updates.

Can suggest that for everyone affected raise a support case each with Spotify.

Send your email to:  support@spotify.com

dan1431
Roadie

I attempted to open a support case and was told that front line support does not have any method to let Engineering know about issues.

All they could do was attempt to resolve the issue with the customer, which obviously wouldn't be useful for this issue as it is a material change in the software and not a user controlled type of issue.

Regardless others might have better luck as front line support is the luck of the draw on who you get.

SUGGESTED POSTS