Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BMW G20 Spotify logs off

Solved!

BMW G20 Spotify logs off

Hi,

Using the in-car Spotify application in my 2019 BMW G20 330i and a Spotify Premium account. (So this question is NOT related to playing over Bluetooth from a mobile phone).

The integrated Spotify application works quite well but, from time to time and without any apparent reason, the in-car app prompts me at startup with a request to pair the car, displaying a QR-code, a PIN code and a URL to pair the car with my account.

This is painful to have to re-pair the car again and again. Sometimes it will work fine for a few weeks, sometimes it will ask me to re-pair 3 times a day if I start the car 3 times in the day... Very frustrating when it happens.

Is there an explanation to this and a coming fix to this reliability issue?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @hammy77 ,

Got a phone call the same day I sent my e-mail, so at least BMW support is there 🙂 

They told me that this very issue is already known, and that engineers in Munich are working on a fix. The ETA is unknown, though, because they have to synch with Spotify. It could be weeks, or months..

Regards,

flyingmig

View solution in original post

27 Replies

Hey, @flyingmig 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing that kind of issue. Initially, I recommend that you follow some tips to try to recover integrally the connection.  Make sure: 

• You haven’t reached the maximum number of devices you can pair at any one time.
  • The connection allows media sharing. Look for this option in the Bluetooth settings of your phone, tablet, or computer.
  • You may need to select the device you’re pairing to as the default for your phone, tablet, or computer. Look for this option in the Bluetooth settings. 

Double-check those tips and let me know how it works...

Best Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @hezorg,

Thanks for taking the time to try to help.

Looks like my previous reply got lost 😞

Long story short again: I do not use the phone to stream in the car. The car entertainment system has an integrated Spotify app that uses its own internet connection. The in-car app normally asks once for my credentials, or to authorize the 'BMW Connected Music' application, through scanning a QR code with the phone that takes me to a spotify URL to allow the app.

The issue is that the log in process must be re-done from time to time, with no apparent reason. As I use Spotify only in the car and on my phone, the number of associated devices should not be an issue.

As well, anything related to Bluetooth pairing should be out of the problem.

Oh, I've comprehended... In this case, could you check on your account page, on the application section, if is there any app from your car connected to your account? If exists, break the connection between them and try to pair them again...

LuanSpotify Star

I ll give this a try next time the problem arises.

As I said it can be weeks before the problem surges then it will remain for a few days.

Thanks anway.

Hey again, @flyingmig 

Try it and don't forget to tell me if you could completely solve your issue. So, keep me posted about it! 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hi @hezorg,

As I said the problem is not reproducible always but happens randomly from time to time.

It happened last week, where I had to log in again to the Spotify account in the car. I went to my Spotify account from my laptop and I could still see the application "bmw connected music" as a user. I deleted the app link as you suggested and, once again, entered my credentials in the app on-board the vehicle. Then all went fine for some time.

Since that event it happened once more, but in between I had to reset the iDrive system because it had lost connectivity completely. I did that (by pressing the volume button for 30 seconds) as the support for BMW Connected Drive told me to do. According to them there was an ongoing issue on BMW Connected Drive that required me to do that in order to regain connectivity.

All in all I can't say that the issue is resolved fully until more time goes by...

If you ask me, I am under the impression that the whole system is not reliable enough for a really comfortable daily use without a headache from time to time. Let's see what happens next... For now I can't say that the issue is solved until the account link gets stable for more than a few weeks in a row.

Best regards, and thanks a whole lot for your time trying to sort this out!

Hey again, @flyingmig 

Yep, maybe the issue is occurring on the pairing system of BMW. Since when you opened this thread, no one else has reported something like that here on Spotify Community. I hope that you can solve your issue as soon as possible to continue listening to your favorite songs every day. 

Thanks for your patience and if you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hello,

I am facing the exact same issue in my BMW X3M40i (2020MY) with iDrive7

I can be listening to Spotify via iDrive, leave the car, come back and it is signed out...forcing me to sign back in.

Any reason why this happens?

Hey, @hammy77 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

I recommend that you follow the suggestions I've made above and check if the issue persists... As @flyingmig said, there is an issue on the BMW system and its Customer Support is already aware of that, so I afraid that we cannot do something else to solve it if the issue persists...

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hi @hammy77 , @hezorg ,

I'm (kind of) happy to see that I am not the only one to have this issue..

I just asked again the BMW Connected Drive support by email for a follow-up on this issue. I'll let you know what they have to say.

@hammy77 I don't know where you are based but for Belgium and Luxembourg, there is an email address for that support ( *snip* ) . You might want to check and send an e-mail to your local support too.

Regards.

flyingmig

Thanks flyingmig, 

I'm based in the UK, I'll try a couple of the suggestions on here and contact bmw if it gets worse. 

It's really annoying however! 😞

Thanks. 

Marked as solution

Hi @hammy77 ,

Got a phone call the same day I sent my e-mail, so at least BMW support is there 🙂 

They told me that this very issue is already known, and that engineers in Munich are working on a fix. The ETA is unknown, though, because they have to synch with Spotify. It could be weeks, or months..

Regards,

flyingmig

Hey @flyingmig 
Thanks for keeping us in the loop and glad to hear that BMW Customer Support is helping you with your case.

Since this helped inform about the issue you were experiencing, we've marked your reply as solution so that other users with a similar issue can find it more easily.
Don't hesitate to give me a shout if there's anything else I can help with. I'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a great day 🙂

Kind Regards, 

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hi guys, experiencing the same issue on my G20 iDrive7.
Apple CarPlay Spotify looks good, but has very often interruptions which I cant reproduce and or experience with Apple Airpods fe (so no bluetooth/internet problem), but like pausing the songs alone etc.

So I switched to Connected Drives Spotify which has not a nice UI as Carplay but makes me able to search for songs and switch within a playlist to other songs. But it logs out randomly. Very annoying. I see it should be solved but I cant find the solution?

Please help us, its frustrating to have all this paid services (60k€ car and 10$ monthly Spotify) and it doesnt work smoothly.

Thanks!

+1 for this issue.

Picked up my 2020 X3 M40i at the weekend and have had to log Spotify in a couple of times already.

Has anyone had an update from BMW? Should I bother raising it?

Hi all, 

I've not raised with bmw, but I really should, I just don't want to reset all my settings in my car! Which I know they will suggest.

The issue is still happening for me, but sometimes it is less frequent - I wasn't sure if it was linked to my Spotify account being used via Google home or something, it seems to trigger it if I drive the car from my house afterwards.

Really frustrating! 

My BMW Genius is informed, he will check it too. Just had a talk about this issue. He doesnt experience it in their G20....

Thanks for the update. I have also asked the dealer to raise this so hopefully between us all we can increase the priority on BMW's list 🙂 ! Watch this space.... 

My 330i now runs Spotify version 3.6.9 and I have to say that I haven’t encountered the issue for a long time now. 
might be worth checking what version you are running ?

Suggested posts