Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BMW G20 Spotify logs off

Solved!

BMW G20 Spotify logs off

Hi,

Using the in-car Spotify application in my 2019 BMW G20 330i and a Spotify Premium account. (So this question is NOT related to playing over Bluetooth from a mobile phone).

The integrated Spotify application works quite well but, from time to time and without any apparent reason, the in-car app prompts me at startup with a request to pair the car, displaying a QR-code, a PIN code and a URL to pair the car with my account.

This is painful to have to re-pair the car again and again. Sometimes it will work fine for a few weeks, sometimes it will ask me to re-pair 3 times a day if I start the car 3 times in the day... Very frustrating when it happens.

Is there an explanation to this and a coming fix to this reliability issue?

Thanks in advance.

27 Replies

Same issue on a BMW X3 2020 delivered 12/2019 in Belgium - any view on a fix/solution yet? (extremely annoying)

I picked up my new X5 here in the US in early March. I’m having this very same problem. Sometimes I have to login 2-3x a day between drives and sometimes it’ll go a few days. BMW service ensured me my system was on the most recent updates. I have Spotify premium with multiple accounts so that shouldn’t be the problem. So frustrating! Too bad too because the native BMW Spotify is so much better than the apple CarPlay version. 

Did you all check if you are running version 3.6.9 of the Spotify app ? Since I am running that version (over 3 months now) I have not had a single issue.

To see the version, long push on the iDrive round volume button when in the app.

Else maybe ask your garage to update? For my 330i G20, the car software version which included this upgrade is 11/2019.30.

Hope this helps

Checked by pressing option within the app and it’s 3.6.9 allright. Still
have the issue though 😞

You ' re right - that's how you check (with the option button).

Anyhow having the same version was not enough ... Did you try the (relatively) obvious other things like ensuring that you are not going over your quota of number of logged in devices?

I wish Spotify would allow us to see all currently connected devices, and just not only disconnect _all of them_ ..

As far as I can tell, Spotify no longer limits the number of connected devices, though it does limit the number of devices you can download to. (With an upgrade of 3 to 5 devices last summer).

However, this only affects the ability to download, not to play music, and has never in the past lead to logging off entirely. 

I don't believe the BMW Spotify Client provides the ability to download songs... 

I’ve recently picked up a 2020 X4 M40i and having this exact issue with repeated log-outs in OS7. 

I’ve noticed it happening most when changing driver profiles in the car between me/my wife. 

Really is very annoying and frustrating given the interface is great when it stays logged in. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Keep in mind that the BMW Connected Drive feature has been depreciated. As a result, it’ll no longer be possible to control Spotify via the onboard BMW system. You can however still enjoy your favorite music by connecting to your car’s audio system via Bluetooth.

A user has also posted this idea that requests the feature back. If that's something you'd also like, we recommend that you upvote and subscribe to the idea, if you haven't already. We'll inform on any developments there, as soon  as there are any.

If you're experiencing the log out issue while connected to your car via Bluetooth, it's possible that some of the apps files have gotten damaged. This is usually resolved by preforming a clean reinstall using these steps.

If that doesn't fix things, could you try replicating the issue with a different device or with a friend or family members account? This would help us out a lot in finding the root cause of the problem.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts