BMW G20 Spotify logs off

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: BMW G20 Spotify logs off

Music Fan

Hi @hammy77 , @hezorg ,

I'm (kind of) happy to see that I am not the only one to have this issue..

I just asked again the BMW Connected Drive support by email for a follow-up on this issue. I'll let you know what they have to say.

@hammy77 I don't know where you are based but for Belgium and Luxembourg, there is an email address for that support ( *snip* ) . You might want to check and send an e-mail to your local support too.

Regards.

flyingmig

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thanks flyingmig, 

I'm based in the UK, I'll try a couple of the suggestions on here and contact bmw if it gets worse. 

It's really annoying however! 😞

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Solution!

Music Fan

Hi @hammy77 ,

Got a phone call the same day I sent my e-mail, so at least BMW support is there 🙂 

They told me that this very issue is already known, and that engineers in Munich are working on a fix. The ETA is unknown, though, because they have to synch with Spotify. It could be weeks, or months..

Regards,

flyingmig

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

Hey @flyingmig 
Thanks for keeping us in the loop and glad to hear that BMW Customer Support is helping you with your case.

Since this helped inform about the issue you were experiencing, we've marked your reply as solution so that other users with a similar issue can find it more easily.
Don't hesitate to give me a shout if there's anything else I can help with. I'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a great day 🙂

Kind Regards, 

hezorg

hezorgRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Hi guys, experiencing the same issue on my G20 iDrive7.
Apple CarPlay Spotify looks good, but has very often interruptions which I cant reproduce and or experience with Apple Airpods fe (so no bluetooth/internet problem), but like pausing the songs alone etc.

So I switched to Connected Drives Spotify which has not a nice UI as Carplay but makes me able to search for songs and switch within a playlist to other songs. But it logs out randomly. Very annoying. I see it should be solved but I cant find the solution?

Please help us, its frustrating to have all this paid services (60k€ car and 10$ monthly Spotify) and it doesnt work smoothly.

Thanks!
Highlighted

Casual Listener

+1 for this issue.

Picked up my 2020 X3 M40i at the weekend and have had to log Spotify in a couple of times already.

Has anyone had an update from BMW? Should I bother raising it?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi all, 

I've not raised with bmw, but I really should, I just don't want to reset all my settings in my car! Which I know they will suggest.

The issue is still happening for me, but sometimes it is less frequent - I wasn't sure if it was linked to my Spotify account being used via Google home or something, it seems to trigger it if I drive the car from my house afterwards.

Really frustrating! 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

My BMW Genius is informed, he will check it too. Just had a talk about this issue. He doesnt experience it in their G20....

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thanks for the update. I have also asked the dealer to raise this so hopefully between us all we can increase the priority on BMW's list 🙂 ! Watch this space.... 

Highlighted

Music Fan

My 330i now runs Spotify version 3.6.9 and I have to say that I haven’t encountered the issue for a long time now. 
might be worth checking what version you are running ?

SUGGESTED POSTS