Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

[BUG] Spotify Connect only shuffles 100 songs

Highlighted
1 person liked this

Re: [BUG] Spotify Connect only shuffles 100 songs

pLeXwithFleX
Casual Listener

Did someone tried apple music? Maybe they are better in that as spotify. Ive no time for building hundreds of playlists. I just want to shuffle my music library and im using spotify connect for my audio video receiver to listening my music on my hifi system. This is a real stupid problem for a music streaming service!!!!

1 person liked this

D_Cas
Casual Listener

Not tried apple music...but close to doing so. The simple fact is that spotify connect is limited to 100 songs. So playlists over 100 songs do not work. Particularly if you want to shuffle them. The only workaround if you are using ios is instead of connecting through connect ..connect through airplay. If your on anndroid your **bleep**!

New update ...still no fix

Today would be a good day to fix this!

hawkkengt
Regular

and this is not an algorithim problem as in "not random" ....   shuffle with Spotify connect just plain doesnt work right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

delightfullydem
Casual Listener

These solutions won't work for everyone,  however in my case I went back to Sirius for my travels, and using VLC, which has a shuffle play-list or Am_zon Pr_me on occasion,  for my house.  I still have Spotify,  after all it's only $10 bucks a month, but I find myself using it less and less.

Hopefully they will come to their senses.  Spotify is convenient and could be indispensable if they didn't limit secondary devices to a 100 song shuffle.  It seems though that a play-list on the original sign up device is still full shuffle - but that limits me to my office.

D_Cas
Casual Listener

Whats the actual reason that connect cant handle more than 100 songs? As far as i can see this problem goes back as far as 2016 and still no solution. Cant possibly be finacial can it?...... The most annoying thing is they actually try and talk you through a fix..please reset this reset that , change your wifi channel , reset all your devices . Blah blah **bleep**ing blah .**bleep**! Sonos just says spotify can only handle 100 songs on connect.  Full **bleep**ing stop!

As more people move from blutooth and aux to wifi streaming this will be a massive issue.

The streaming world is moving foward spotify are you?

New update . Still no fix.

Today would be a good day to fix this

narutal
Regular

thank you

hawkkengt
Regular

Still no fix

hawkkengt
Regular

still no fix

StephenWA
Roadie

Today would be a good day for Spotify to fix this issue.

hawkkengt
Regular
These Spotify shuffle issues amount to FRAUD.
SUGGESTED POSTS