Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

[BUG] Spotify Connect only shuffles 100 songs

Re: [BUG] Spotify Connect only shuffles 100 songs

faktory42
Music Fan

It's been two years and this is still a problem.

It occurred to me that a good workaround would be to shuffle the Daily Mix playlists on devices  since they have less than 100 tracks but of course the Daily Mix playlists aren't on the Roku.

Spotify - please fix this problem. 

pLeXwithFleX
Casual Listener
Theres a simple way how they could fix it. I think the problem is because of some overhead, the same problem has Kodi if someone knows this. If you try to shuffle a big library, Kodi will crash. Kodi creates a "partymode". In this partymode Kodi takes random 20 titles of your library and shuffle them. If all tracks are played, Kodi takes the next 20 titles and shuffle them and so on...

I dont know why spotify isnt able to do this, this could be also possible for specified playlists.

D_Cas
Regular

Strange. My android device is now shuffling propererly over connect. Tried various large playlists and it does seem to be randomised across artist, genre, date added etc. My ipad however still has the same fault. ..anyone elses android seem better?

Screenshot_20190426-193016_Spotify.jpg

Pukingpope
Regular

Spotify Connect is now finally working (at least for me)!

I guess they haven't announced it yet, as they want to see it is stable and/or working on most equipment.

6000+ playlist, iPhone / MacBook with NAD M12/M22.

pLeXwithFleX
Casual Listener
Works for me too on Linux with Spotify Connect to my YAMAHA Audio Receiver.

Awesome, thanks spotify.

MBSteve
Regular

I am giving this a partial PASS only. I used pukingpope's playlist from earlier in this thread as a test.

When I play a playlist from my Android device, the shuffle appears to work as expected when casting via Spotify Connect to either my laptop or my Android TV.

However, when I do exactly the same thing from my laptop and cast it to my phone or TV, it only shuffles the "first" 100 songs as before.

On a whim, I decided to try the browser player on my laptop as an additional test. I was able to cast music via Spotify Connect to my TV and it shuffled fine. 

The only place where it is not currently working is on my desktop Spotify app.

I am kind of OK with this because I would generally only cast from my phone. I would prefer a more complete fix, but maybe the desktop app will be updated in the near future with this fix.

MBSteve
Regular

Hmmm, as I posted the previous comment, Spotify on my desktop prompted me to update. After the update, casting via Spotify Connect to my TV or Phone works fine from my desktop as well now.

I can now sleep soundly tonight knowing that my music collection can be used the way it mean to be

D_Cas
Regular

Its a miracle!

Now just to fix the fact there is no crossfade option over connect..........

Today would be a good day to fix this!

Hey there @D_Cas, @Pukingpope,  @pLeXwithFleX and  @MBSteve,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Glad to hear all's working as it should now :)

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with. We'll spotify:track:4Gl0cgJY72rzNTDXsUHJVj

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
SUGGESTED POSTS