NEXT STEP

Bad Quality song(s) on Chromecast and Web Player

Bad Quality song(s) on Chromecast and Web Player

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany 

Device

One Plus 3, Chromecast Audio, Web Player, FiiO Olympus 2, Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro

Operating System

Adroid 8.1, Win 10 Pro, Chrome

My Question or Issue

I was  listening to the attached song via Chromecast and noticed some glitches (e.g. Minute 1:40, the jingle of the percussions). I tried with my phone and Headphones and the tune plays just nice there. No glitches. Changing to Web Player with Headphones, the glitches are clearly audible again. I noticed this behaviour with some other song, I do not remember it's name right now. It sounded like compression artifacts and they where also present in the percussuions. Could you give me a statement about the differences in the source used for Chromecast/Web Player and the Smartphone App? I would like to have the same sound quality on all my devices.

https://open.spotify.com/track/5CXZ8R60UemU07zJ959WIX

4 Replies

Hello TKB, 

I think this problem comes from Chomecast/Web player because it doesn't support the High Quality option from the settings.

Try to set your Spotify on the phone to Very High quality and then Cast that on Chromecast and see if there's any change.

Do not forget to restart the application after you've made this setting.

I have Spotify on my phone (LG G6) set to very high, and have the Full Dynamic Range option on my Chromecast Audio turned on, but Spotify still sounds terrible .

It's most noticable on cymbals and hi-hats, which sound like they're sourced from a 96 kbps mp3!

When I play the same file on the desktop app on my macbook the difference in quality is huge.

I haven't a clue whether it's a problem with Spotify or Chromecast.

Nope, sound's still bad. It seems Soptify is badly implemented with Chromecast Audio. 

Hi there

This is a unsual solution but it might work. Try downloading the music than listening to it. 

Please like I am trying to get rockstar

Suggested posts