Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bad quality on Xbox One

Bad quality on Xbox One

Hello everyone,

I just downloaded the spotify app for Xbox and everything works fine... But the music quality is horrible. If i connect my iPhone to my TV or soundsystem and use the iPhone app everythings works fine. All other apps and games on my Xbox have a great sound too. The Spotify App is the only one with a "scratchy" sound. Songs with a deep base are even more horrible. Does anyone else have this problem?

Greets 

Chris

6 Replies

Hi. As you say, everything else but spotify has high quality sound, all the other music apps have great sound, so do the movie apps. everyone that has a additional sound system has this problem.

Edit:
If you are using a "high quality" audio system, try tune down the tv to 46% ish. Then go to audio output and set:

Hdmi audio 7.1 - uncompressed
Optical audio - bitstream out
Bitstream format - DTS Digital surround

I also have this problem sometimes, however, I think I found a solution:
One thing I did was restart the app, and I barely remember it worked, but I could be wrong and if you don´t want to restart; press the home button and go to the quick controls of Spotify (below recent apps) and in the volume slider turn it at least one down, so it isn´t at max volume. It can be an inconvenience if you are using other apps or games too loud and I don´t know how it affects with headphones (don´t know if headphones even have this problem), but at least it worked for me.

Hope I helped you

Hey,

Oh wow, I didn't notice this volume control. I turned it down to 50% and now the music sounds good. Thank you very much =).

Greets

Chris 

I would like it to play through all 5.1 speakers. Spotify has the original strips of the master copies. they are not all subjected to only 2.0. DTS would be highly recommendes please. this is an issue between Spotify and Xbox not anyone's system. open up full DTS.

I run everything optical. however it is through the headphone jack of the xbox controller which would have nothing to do with any other hookup. only though there these problems of the stream disconnecting and or beginning to sound as if the music is a million miles away in my headset and I have to disconnect the stream and restart it so the sound quality is back to norm through the headset through the xbox controller. doesnt matter what controller or headset I use. some how when using the controller w headset listening to spotify stream from phone to xbox this stuff happens.

I would strongly suggest downloading the "dolby atmos app"...

100% problem solved!!

Suggested posts