Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Basic Help Plea!

Basic Help Plea!

I have some very simple questions, which I'm sure experienced users will probably laugh at, but I would appreciate help.

Firstly, I access premium on my home and work PC, but both are nearing the end of their lives! I will need to replace one asap and the other within the next few months. I will also be getting a laptop soon and would ideally like to use spotify on that too. I think that I am not able to log into my account and stream music on more than 3 devices, is that correct? If so, what do I do?

Secondly, I am trying to put together a playlist for a party, which is to be at a remote venue where they have a PA system. I have asked a friend if he will DJ on the night and he would like to take my playlist and modify / add to it, but he doesn’t subscribe to premium. How could we manage this?

Finally, we need to play the music on the night, so what do you suggest is the best way? I’m sure the venue has WIFI so would it be best if we take my PC there, connect it to the PA and stream the playlist?

Many thanks for any contributions!

2 Replies

Hey @tonyharrison195! Welcome to the community!

Don't worry, stupid questions don't exist! 🙂

Alright, you can login on as many devices as you'd like. You can only stream on one at a time and you can save music offline on up to three devices, which you can manage here.

For your second question: you can create a collaborative playlist and share the link. That way you can play it from your account and he can edit it on his account. Take a look at this infographic for more info: Collaborative_Desktop.png

It depends on what the situation is like, but I'd advise you to save your music offline. Also, keep in mind that it's not allowed to use Spotify for commercial purposes. A party with your friends and family is alright, but you can't use it for a commercial event. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Many thanks for your advice!

Suggested posts