Country

USA

Device

LG G6

Operating System

Android Version 7.0

My Question or Issue

Hi, 

I love the Behind the Lyrics feature. Its always amazing to see the backstory of thr song. But my issue, is that some songs dont show "Behind the Lyrics" even when they are in the "Behind the Lyrics" playlists by Spotify. Keep in mind, I still have songs with the feature, but it just doesn't work on some songs. I've watched YouTube videos, and they dont seem to help. If anyone has a solution, please reply.

Thanks!

22 Replies

Hey there @williamn204,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Could you ask a friend or a family member to check if the see Behind the lyrics on the songs?

We'll also need to know which particular playlist you're listening to and a few examples for songs that don't work, so that we'd be able to take a closer look.

If you haven't tried this already we can also suggest some basic troubleshooting like for example logging out > restarting your device > logging back in? It's also a good idea to try a clean reinstall to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know if this happens on all your devices and their models and OS version.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I was referring to Spotify's Behind the Lyrics playlist - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWYGrDuvTW4S8?si=K8H6-Rc1Tn-rB5du-_IuVw

If some songs in that playlist has no Behind the Lyrics, I'd consider changing the mixtape to not confuse others in the future.

I haven't had time to ask anyone to check, but I will.

And I will try restarting my device too.

What in the world?

Today, I went into my playlist for "Behind the Lyrics" songs I had previously, and on some of the songs, it didn't display. I reinstalled the app....any more advice?

Hey @williamn204

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind letting us know if you're able to see Behind the Lyrics when you log into your account using a different device? 

If possible, you can ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate this. 

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Alright, I will ask my friend to do it, but as I said before, I did have a "Behind the Lyrics" playlist, and now it doesn't work, but I will ask my friend to check that same playlist I made to see if the feature still exists on the songs

🙂 Thank you and I will get back as soon as possible!

Hey dear, i wish i could find some friends to spotify group session.

Alright, I have three songs (Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes, I Wanna Dance by Whitney Houston, and On the Radio by Donna Summer) that has the feature, but it doesn't show on my device. The songs Behind the Lyrics show on my friend's device, and it should be clear in the picture. Attached are the photos that compare the two.

on the radio.png
bette davis eyes.png
i wanna dance.png

Hey @williamn204,

Thanks for getting back in touch and sending those pictures.

To determine if this is account o device-related, could you log in to your account on a different device and let us know if you see the Behind the Lyrics for those songs on that device?

Also, could you log in to a different account on your phone and let us know if you see the feature? You can borrow a friend's or relative's account to test this.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I don't know if anyone would let me use their account, but I'll try. I also don't have access to another device, but I'll try.

Hi again @williamn204,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

If you can't borrow an account, you can create a free account here using a different email address.

It'll be very helpful if you could try on another device too, if possible.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Upon using another account, I can conclude that the feature STILL doesn't work on it. Sorry for the long wait.

Hey @williamn204

Thanks for getting back to us and sending this info.

Would you mind letting us know the OS version and Spotify version currently running on your friend's device in which the feature is available? 

Also, is there any difference when your friend logs into their personal account using your device?

Let us know how it goes!

NovyModerator

sorry for the late response but

My friend has an Apple iPad Air 4, iPad OS 14.2, app version: 8.5.96

Also, he wouldn't me use his account (as expected)

Hi again @williamn204

Thanks for your reply. 

Just to confirm, is this still happening with a different internet connection? 

Also, could you send over the exact Spotify version you're currently running?

We'll continue investigating.

NovyModerator

Actually, I just got the new update so lets see how it goes

Still doesn't work, even updating it to the lastest Spotify update.

Yes, I tried another internet connection, and it still doesn't work.

Hey @williamn204

Thanks for getting back to us.

In this case, could you try creating a new test account here to see if you notice the same behavior?

Keep in mind that this will be very helpful to see if the issue is directly related to your account.

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator

Bruh, I literally did that when "CarlosE" requested me to do it

I said "Upon using another account, I can conclude that the feature STILL doesn't work on it. Sorry for the long wait." after I made a new account

Suggested posts