Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Beosound 5 - Playlist problem

Solved!

Beosound 5 - Playlist problem

I have a Beosound 5 with Spotify premium. The problem is that when I try to acces my playlist, it says "loading" all the time.

I can say for sure that it has nothing to do with the system, since I have tried my friends Spotify account on the Beosound 5, and it works perfectly.

What can be wrong with my account?

Is it something in settings?

I have seen other treads here with same issue, but no one solved yet...

Looking forward for your reply.

48 Replies

Hi Stefan, did you manage to solve The problem by deleting your playlists? Did you then make new ones?

So, if the problem with loading Spotify playlists on the Beosound 5 has been in existence since December, 2016; should it not be fixed by now?

Hi,

I still have this problem with my Beosound 5. I can't read my playlist and especialy the "Découvertes de la semaine" (Playlist of the week). I deleted my playlist and started again Spotify on my Beosound 5 but nothing happened.

Do you have a solution ?

Thank you in advance.

Stephan

Stephan,

Unfortunately, I do not have a solution to offer you for the Beosound 5
Spotify playlists. Over the past two months through suggestions from both
Spotify and Bang & Olufsen, I have spent countless hours trying to get the
Beosound 5 to load the Spotify playlists with no success at all. I
empathize with your frustration, but this seems to be an issue that should
have been resolved by Spotify long ago. At this time, I am ready to suspend
my Spotify subscription and change to Deezer Premium.

Best of luck to you,

Gary

Can u use deezer on the beosound 5?

No, one cannot access Deezer on the Beosound 5. One can access Deezer Premium through the Beovision Avant telelvision. I would rather continue to subscribe to Spotify with the Beosound 5 (analog) since it allows streaming of Spotify music through multiple speakers in the house but not on the Beovision Avant (digital). Unless the Spotify playlist issue is soon resolved, I will start subscribing to Deezer Premium on the Avant which will also allow streaming through multiple speakers in the house. Sorry if the previous post was confusing.

Thank you for your compassion,

Unfortunatly, only Spotify can be read on Beosound 5 and i can't understand that it was working before and no one can found a solution on this actual problème. I think especialy on Spotify and B&O Research and Development services !!!

Regards

Has your playlist issue been resolved yet? Mine has definitely not been resolved. All we can do is keep communicating with both Spotify and Bang & Olufsen with the expectation of a resolution. 

Hi,

No solution currently and i don't see how we can solve by our self this major problem. For me Spotify must do all the necessary to solve this disfunction as soon as possible.

Regards

No my problem is not solved, although, i bought an external sound card, connected it to my usb port on the BeoMaster 5, and then I bought an external blue tooth receiver and connected it to the sound card.
Now I listen with my iPhone to Spotify and the music comes out of the Bang & Olufsen speakers, as before.
The BeoSound 5 must be set on Aux. It even works better then before because looking for songs or artists was not so easy on the BeoSound and quite easy on my phone. If you are interested I can give you the type of sound card an bluetooth receiver I use.

Eric,

Thank you for the great idea that I had not yet though about. When you get a chance, could you give me the names of the sound card and bluetooth receiver that you purchased. Thank you again!

OK, I used an Belkin HD Bluetooth reciever audioadapter (2,4 GHz. NFC-unterstüzung) and a Behringer UCA 222 USB-to-Audio interface.

It works perfectly.

OK but all this is a little fiddling. I did not buy Beosound 5 at this price and i did not subscribe to Soptify for that !!

Spotify changed something without warning us and it is not normal.

Regards

Eric,

Thank you again, and I will look into this. 

I also have this problem with BeoSound and I'm shocked with this situation 😞

Use, it is true. They also removed the APP on Beovision Avant. So If we have to stream to AUX we can chose Deezer instead, They still support the APP for the Beovision Avant, and I can also stream from them to my Beomaster 5. So come on Spotify. 

OK-one more here.  I have the same porblem.

ooops-I should have looked further before asking!  Thank you.

Is this normal that a B&O with this price not can be Connected after a software update with spotify .... I hope they fix this stupid thing

Just spoke to B&O. Apparantly Spotify doesnt support ANY equipment anymore which is not using their APP.   Since B&O is having their own program they also dont get support anymore. According B&O the only solution is installing a Chromecast on the AUX input and connect through a mobile device....

I have bought the BeoSound because i wanted to have all on one screen but that seems not possible anymore. My dealer said he would cover the costs of the Chromecast and i need to pay just for installing it..........

Would have expected a better and more professional solution from B&O !!!

Suggested posts