Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Black lives matter REMOVAL

Black lives matter REMOVAL

I feel black lives matter is a playlist only directed towards the black communities. This is racists and derogatory towards whites, hispanics, asians, etc. There are many playlists with african-american artists, so this playlist is just a slap in the face for anyone not black. Spotify is racists.

30 Replies

I'm not sure you understand what racism means or what the black lives matter movement is about.

Just because a playlist is targeted at a specific community, doesn't mean they are being racist. There are plenty of other playlists out there targeted at other communities - kpop, Hispanic, African... but they are not necessarily saying their community / race / culture is better than anyone elses. 

No one is forcing you to listen to this playlist. This playlist isn't stopping you from listening to other playlists. It really shouldn't impact you at all.

I don't think anyone is saying you can't have a white playlist.

Go ahead, make a white playlist if that's what you so desire.

But again, I think you've missed the point of when something is classified as racist.

well the others dont go "Japanese Lives Matter" "Orange Lives Matter" "African Lives Matter" so you point is invalid. its true that no-one is forcing anyone to listen to any of it but its Spotify who shovels this playlist into our faces. ive never seen a Kpop or African playlist as the nr1 promoted playlist.

I do not want to see political playlists. I didn't opt in for politics of any nature. I subscribed to Spotify for a music streaming service and a kick-ass API for pet projects. I have no interest in yet another woke or other political platform.

I pay for Spotify premium to provide me music and not shove political/cultural movements onto my Spotify account I have no interest in this content. REMOVE IT.

FYI: All lives matter not just black lives.

All lives matter! I pay for Spotify Premium to provide a music service to and DO NOT want it to become a political platform for any side. If this continues, I will be forced to cancel my subscription. Please provide an option to remove political content.

Supporting criminals on the streets is ridiculous, I want to hide this racist playslist.
#ALL LIVES MATTER

1. I will do the same.  I am not a member of the black community seen that i am white. And to be honest, happy with my skincolor ..  so please remive this list from my premium account and give it to someone who cares.  I don't !

This is outrageous. I don't live in the United States and this is struck on my home screen. I don't want to see this and I can't even remove it. So much for 'premium', I guess it is time to switch.

Spoiler
Remove this!! Racist comment. I matter too. 

Not just BLM but never put political messaging at the top of my Spotify player please. We need a way to completely opt out of this, I want my recently played at the top, front and centre, not whatever playlist Spotify decides based on whatever the current political gong show in the USA happens to be.

Thanks

If you use social media, please get this trending so they get the message:

Hi @Spotify, as far as I know, I PAY for my premium subscription each month to listen to the music of my choosing. Please don't shove your political agenda down my throat. #myspotifymychoice #backoffwithpolitics

Fully agreed. It is not the job of a company to lecture it's customers on social/political issues. Their job is to provide a SERVICE that we PAY for.

Im Confused Im getting lots of complaints in my Inbox. I never made the post. Someone has set their email up wrong. I dont make political posts of any nature in www.

Just remove it!

"DOJ Stats:
Using figures for racial mix of the population–62.2 percent white, 17.1 percent Hispanic, 13.2 percent black–we can calculate the average likelihood of a person of each race attacking the other. A black is 27 times more likely to attack a white and 8 times more likely to attack a Hispanic than the other way around. A Hispanic is eight times more likely to attack a white than vice versa."

Facts might not be valid here since it is a liberal owned service

We should protest we are the victims!!

I already cancelled my Premium. I'm not going to financially support a company that supports a racist and now a terrorist movement that BLM is. 

I agree. This is ridiculous. At first I thought someone broke into my account and set up all sorts of BLM playlists. After some research I found it's just Spotify virtue signalling and supporting murderers, looters, and terrorists. Well done, what's next? Are you going to support Israel genocide in Palestine? China suppressing Hong Kong?

You want to help? Donate to some fundraisers to help all those people who lost their businesses because of the mob you support, Spotify. Don't wave a flag in people's faces.

It looks like spotify has removed BLM playlists from the main page and the service finally looks as it should.

Those list are still there almost at the top.

Suggested posts