Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Black lives matter REMOVAL

Highlighted

Black lives matter REMOVAL

djwenk
Casual Listener

I feel black lives matter is a playlist only directed towards the black communities. This is racists and derogatory towards whites, hispanics, asians, etc. There are many playlists with african-american artists, so this playlist is just a slap in the face for anyone not black. Spotify is racists.

5 Replies

Re: [All Platforms] Black lives matter REMOVAL

Prometheorum
Casual Listener

First of all: The one who calls out the racism is the one who actually IS the racist.

Second: I'm not sure if your post was meant to be sarcastic or if it is you trying to be serious.

Last but no least: No matter which way, why not try to be tolerant and just don't give a **** about stuff like that?

burrata
Casual Listener

I'm not sure you understand what racism means or what the black lives matter movement is about.

Just because a playlist is targeted at a specific community, doesn't mean they are being racist. There are plenty of other playlists out there targeted at other communities - kpop, Hispanic, African... but they are not necessarily saying their community / race / culture is better than anyone elses. 

No one is forcing you to listen to this playlist. This playlist isn't stopping you from listening to other playlists. It really shouldn't impact you at all.

djwenk
Casual Listener

ok...Then Why has there never been a "white lives matter" or something pertaining to white people? Ohhh thats right because that would be "classified" as racists. hate, discrimination... ? But since people of "colot" can have playlists. Why can't I have a "white" playlist? I guess when people complain long enough, they can get what they want. So Yes, I think there are enough BLM or other playlists meaning the same thing. Seems that No one sees that everyone else can have there own associated playlist. So I think to combat that, a for "white" playlist should be just as equal

burrata
Casual Listener

I don't think anyone is saying you can't have a white playlist.

Go ahead, make a white playlist if that's what you so desire.

But again, I think you've missed the point of when something is classified as racist.

P1113

Snowflake.

SUGGESTED POSTS