Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Black screen every few minutes with song playing

Black screen every few minutes with song playing

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Fire TV Stick

Operating System

Fire OS 5.2.7.1 (646581820)

My Question or Issue

When playing songs on the Spotify app, every 30-90-120 seconds, my TV screen will become black, and then go back to the Spotify app. The song will not stop. Only the screen will become black. If I go in the settings or home, the song will still be playing, but the screen will not become black.

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Tried to log in with my account and with a pin code.

9 Replies

Hey there @autruip,

Thanks for reaching out!  

Could you try:

1. Returning the TV set back to Factory Settings.
  2. Updating your TV firmware.
  3. Restarting the TV by holding the power button for 5-7 seconds. 

Please let us know how it goes 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer.

I've returned the Tv back to factory settings. It's not possible to upgrade the firmware, the TV doesn't have this option. I've restarted the TV multiple times.

The issue is still there.

This is the TV model : https://www.lg.com/fr/televiseurs/lg-42LB5610-tv-led

Hi not sure if you found a fix. I don’t have one but I noticed it’s an issue on Amazon Fire TV as when I stream Spotify on my Sony PS4 the tv doesn’t go blank every few seconds. When I switch back to stream through FireTV the problem is there. Hope there’s a fix soon as I prefer to use my Amazon fire tv stick. 

Sadly, I still have the issue. It seems like nobody cares about that.

I have the same problem, but as you already said nobody seems to care about it. This is also the only post I could find about this issue. In case you found a solution, I would really appreciate if you told us how you did it!

Unfortunately, no solution for now. Still got the issue. Is there a way to contact a better support ?

I've been having the same problem for a while, and I`ve reached out to Amazon, but they were not really helpful and told me to ask Spotify. Please direct us a right direction here.

This happened to me yesterday and I fixed it. I deleted and reinstalled the app on Firestick then deleted my cache on the mobile app before selecting Firestick as a device and playing a song. Hope this helps!

I experienced the same issue on my LG TV and fixed it by restarting the TV.  Firstly, I turned off and unplug my TV from the wall outlet. Then, I waited for 5 minutes. Afterward, I plugged the cable back into the source and turned on the TV. 

If this doesn't fix the issue, follow this guide - How To Fix Black Screen Issue On LG TV While Using an App.

Suggested posts