Black screen on the web player on chrome

Plan

Premium

Country

FRANCE

Operating System

Windows 7

Hi,
Since last week, the web player doesn't work anymore on my professional computer. The web player displays a black page and there is a Js error (globalThis is not defined)

I've already tried, reset chrome, emptied the cache/cookies but nothing works.

error.PNG
6 Replies

I've been having this problem as well for a week, can anybody help?

Hey there @WiKuP and @Zorlak!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community.

Just to double check - is this happening on work computer connected to a private network? 

If that's the case, we'd recommend reaching out to your tech departments as they would be able to give more info on this.

If this is happening on a personal PC, you could take a look at this page to see what steps you can take to fix it.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

For me, yes it does on a work computer but on my personal network (no vpn).

Thanks for getting back to us @WiKuP!

Hope you don't mind us replying in English as it's the Community's official language.

In this case we suggest following the steps in this Spotify answer and if you still get the same issue, it's best to contact your tech department as they might've changed some of their settings to cause this.

Let us know how if you need any more help.

Take care!

ElenaModerator

i got the same problem, but no errors appear. if i open in an anon tab, i can log in, but it won't load anything. it just get the black, background color. i tried this with the notepad and there was nothing. is there any easiest way to find solutions for those issues here? do i have to search for a lot of these pages searching for solutions? i don't even have an option for create a topic. i gave up to reinstall my windows program last time because i search for pages and pages for instructions and absolutely nothing worked. can i talk or email someone directly about this?

Hey there @thevirginlizard,

Thanks for your reply to this.

You can have a look at our Support page where you'll find basic troubleshooting steps for most common issues. Furthermore you can check out the different sections in the Community Help boards which will make your search easier.

If you've already made sure your browser is up to date ( Check this from the 3 dot menu > Help > About Google Chrome) and you're still getting a black screen, we recommend checking whether there are any browsing restrictions on your PC and network, since this is the most likely cause.

Another thing you could try is to check whether the Web player functions properly on another browser.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts