Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blackberry 9700 login issues

Solved!

Blackberry 9700 login issues

Hello there,

I met Spotify like a week ago and started using it on my computer. Then I downloaded the app to my Blackberry 9700 and used it perfectly for 2 trial days. After that, I switched to premium account to continue using it. It was all ok when I was on Wifi. But when I used it in 3G it kept saying that Spotify is in offline mode. I checked if my internet works, it was okay. I logged out try to login again and it wasn't logging in, keeps saying login failed, mispelled password etc. Then I reset my password, tried again same error again. Then I reboot the phone, deleted spotify and the spotify folders, re-installed it nothing works. Now it is saying check your wi-fi and apn settings but my internet is working just fine. 

What could be the problem? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Is it still working on WiFi just not mobile network? 

Unfortunately, Spotify can't communicate over the normal blackberry.net APN which BlackBerries use for the majority of internet traffic (through BlackBerries network) since there are restrictions on the applications allowed to use that network. If you want to use Spotify over your mobile network, you normally need to manually set your carriers APN settings so Spotify knows how to connect to the internet on your mobile networking. 

Its worth bearing in mind that this is normally outside of your BlackBerry data plan so may incur extra charges - its worth checking with your mobile network. 

Alternatively since you have premium you could just sync playlists for offline mode when on WiFi so you don't need to connect via the mobile network.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Is it still working on WiFi just not mobile network? 

Unfortunately, Spotify can't communicate over the normal blackberry.net APN which BlackBerries use for the majority of internet traffic (through BlackBerries network) since there are restrictions on the applications allowed to use that network. If you want to use Spotify over your mobile network, you normally need to manually set your carriers APN settings so Spotify knows how to connect to the internet on your mobile networking. 

Its worth bearing in mind that this is normally outside of your BlackBerry data plan so may incur extra charges - its worth checking with your mobile network. 

Alternatively since you have premium you could just sync playlists for offline mode when on WiFi so you don't need to connect via the mobile network.

Peter

Still I can't use over mobile network.

So you say that, spotify won't work when I am using Blackberry Internet Service (BIS), am I correct?

I'm not a BlackBerry user anymore but it would appear that way yes. 

Peter

That's not good. But thanks anyway, I hope they will fix it soon, if it is fixable.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news so close to Christmas but the Spotify application for BlackBerry won't be receiving anymore updates as far as I am aware since the BlackBerry platform is now legacy and Spotify have chosen not to support BlackBerry 10.

Peter

Suggested posts