Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Device

iPad, Pocophone F1, Windows, Linux

Operating System

iOS 12, Android 8, Windows 10, Ubuntu 19.04

My Question or Issue

I get that you guys decided to redo songs and change library and while it is annoying I understand that you guys wont change it however you broke core funcationality in the app in the process. 

I can no longer download my entire library of songs automatically. Being able to go into songs and just hit the donwload toggle in order to get all my songs downloaded onto my device was perfect. Across my computers, iPad and phone whenever I saved an album or a song it would automatically download on all of my devices making it available on whatever I am listening on without me putting in any effort. 

Now because you guys seperated out liked songs from albums I cannot do that anymore, it has now become simply too teadious to keep my albums downloaded on all my devices meaning I might as well go back to pirating music. (Piracy is a distribution and functionality issue not a money issue) 

So it would be great if you could please just add a toggle to the albums page that when clicked will download all my albums onto that devices so that this functionality is brought back. I will code it in myself if you guys send me the repositories.

Thanks 

5 Replies

Re: Bring back the ability to download all albums

chrismurray
Composer

I actually agree with this suggestion there is so many albums i'd love to download all at once rather than song by song.

dben89x
Casual Listener

Why was this even removed...? I swear it seems like some of these platforms make stupid nonsensical decisions just to mess with us...

stubbornrobot
Casual Listener

I think it was removed to stop us from downloading our whole libraries, maybe thats related to licensing deals with the studios.
I used to work on a streaming platform (Movies and Series) and the rules they had made adding great features difficult but since Spotify is the biggest player in the game they should be able to use that to build a fantastic user expereince leading me ot believe that they just do not want us to be able to do that, especially since they are just ignoring this request.

Hello @stubbornrobot@dben89x@chrismurray,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you are interested in an ability to download music from Your Music. Check out the following three ideas:

[Your Music] Make 'Your Music' offline on Desktop

[Mobile] Download All Music Button

Automatically download saved albums

The more votes an idea receives, the more likely it will be implemented.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

stubbornrobot
Casual Listener

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of more posts like mine.

It is funny however that the oldest one of these has 2400+ votes and still has not been implemented while in the list of things that have been implemented starts at 1000+ votes. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Idea-Exchange-How-your-feedback-reaches-Spotify/ta-...

SUGGESTED POSTS