Bring back the ability to download all albums

Plan

Premium

Device

iPad, Pocophone F1, Windows, Linux

Operating System

iOS 12, Android 8, Windows 10, Ubuntu 19.04

My Question or Issue

I get that you guys decided to redo songs and change library and while it is annoying I understand that you guys wont change it however you broke core funcationality in the app in the process. 

I can no longer download my entire library of songs automatically. Being able to go into songs and just hit the donwload toggle in order to get all my songs downloaded onto my device was perfect. Across my computers, iPad and phone whenever I saved an album or a song it would automatically download on all of my devices making it available on whatever I am listening on without me putting in any effort. 

Now because you guys seperated out liked songs from albums I cannot do that anymore, it has now become simply too teadious to keep my albums downloaded on all my devices meaning I might as well go back to pirating music. (Piracy is a distribution and functionality issue not a money issue) 

So it would be great if you could please just add a toggle to the albums page that when clicked will download all my albums onto that devices so that this functionality is brought back. I will code it in myself if you guys send me the repositories.

Thanks 

12 Replies

I actually agree with this suggestion there is so many albums i'd love to download all at once rather than song by song.

Why was this even removed...? I swear it seems like some of these platforms make stupid nonsensical decisions just to mess with us...

I think it was removed to stop us from downloading our whole libraries, maybe thats related to licensing deals with the studios.
I used to work on a streaming platform (Movies and Series) and the rules they had made adding great features difficult but since Spotify is the biggest player in the game they should be able to use that to build a fantastic user expereince leading me ot believe that they just do not want us to be able to do that, especially since they are just ignoring this request.

Hello @stubbornrobot@dben89x@chrismurray,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you are interested in an ability to download music from Your Music. Check out the following three ideas:

[Your Music] Make 'Your Music' offline on Desktop

[Mobile] Download All Music Button

Automatically download saved albums

The more votes an idea receives, the more likely it will be implemented.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of more posts like mine.

It is funny however that the oldest one of these has 2400+ votes and still has not been implemented while in the list of things that have been implemented starts at 1000+ votes. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Idea-Exchange-How-your-feedback-reaches-Spotify/ta-...

My question is this, why is it that every time i reset or change my phone all my albums that i download are not downloaded anymore they are there i know in my library but not downloaded to play them off line i mean, so i have to download them again one by one ? So is there a way to download all my albums at once all together but not have to download them one by one that's very annoying 😡😡😡😡i mean it's should be a memorized options or a togle for the library albums. but you have to download them all over again everytime i change or reset my phone thanks guys hopefully that this procedure change !!! It will be much easier for us 😁😉😉

Hello Spotify team,

This request is already a few month old and bringing back the ability do download all saved albums has been requested by a significant amount of users. Nothing happened yet.

Could you please give feedback if the feature is going to be added again and when this will happen instead of holding up this topic? If you are not willing to add this again, please let us know, so everyone could look for a new platform.

Cheers,

Chris

It looks like Spotify loves us to do manual work

Making users' lives easier must be a real sacrifice, isn't it Spotify?

Not sure if you still have this problem, but i found that there's a built-in playlist- "liked songs", which contains all the zongs in your library.

Just click it, and toggle the download button- it will download all your songs

Hey there @Omamluk,

Welcome to the Community!

The Liked Songs playlist only contain song which you have liked with the little heart button. If you want to download a whole album that you've liked, you'll need to open the album and click the Download option on the album itself. Another way would be to Like all the songs in that album individually and then they will appear in your Liked Songs playlist.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This downloads all the songs I’ve ever added to the library sometime

Including artists that I don't follow anymore, then it takes me the trouble of having to clean up these unwanted songs one by one

It wasn't this time, bring what users want: A button to download all the songs of the artist i'm following to the library

Hey there @maxmaxmoraisBR,

Thanks for your reply!

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented :slightly_smiling_face: 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts