Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Play Anything

Solved!

Can't Play Anything

Nothing will play on my desktop.  It rolls through songs on any playlist, station, everything.  I get the following error:  "This song is not available.  If you have it on your computer you can import it."

I have Premium.  Help please!  I can't work without music. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jansklar! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.
Have you tried reinstalling your app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.
Let us know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @jansklar! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.
Have you tried reinstalling your app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.
Let us know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Got the same issue. i am a premium user, have a good internet connection and the songs I tried to start are all offline available. I just reinstalled the desktop app but still have the same problems. I didn't put on HQ Streaming.

I am having the SAME problem as a free user. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still won't work. I turned off all the sources for local files in hopes that that would do something (because my local songs are the only ones that will play) but it hasn't fixed the problem. This sucks!!!

I've uninstalled three times. Same issue with each reinstall. I am so bummed. I love Spotify. I really wish whoever they are had an IT department for Premium users to reach on to when an issue arises.

I am also having the same exact issue, starting last night, and also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail. Also a premium user.

This is so frequent that it isn't even surprising. I'm done with Spotify and canceling my subscription for premium. Why pay for something that doesn't work 95% of the time...
Yes, I've followed everything perfectly, great internet connection, etc. It's not me, it's you. 

Thank you! I did uninstall and install 3 times. Before the third install I deleted all history, etc and restarted my computer first. Seemed to do the trick. Works great now!

Suggested posts