Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Sort Saved Songs by Artist Anymore - Please Help

Can't Sort Saved Songs by Artist Anymore - Please Help

My Question or Issue

One of the most often used features by myself (and I assume others) was to view all of my saved songs by artist.  This was my go-to way to listen to music.  I would get a list of all the artists for which I have saved songs, then I select an artist an I see my saved songs and I can play a song.  However, as of Feb 2019, my Spotify app got updated and this very useful feature appears to have disappeared!  I can no longer see a list of artists and my saved songs under them.  All of my saved songs are now in one giant playlist called "Favorites".    This is ridiculous and there is no easy way to sort them.  There is an "artist list" where I can add an artist, but then I just get all of their songs, not my selected save songs.   Basically I want to view by artist all of my saved songs.  Sounds simple.  I can't be the only one experiencing this.  Does someone have a solution or is this just a shitty change that Spotify decided to make?  Thanks!

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S9 and PC

Operating System

Android and Windows

5 Replies

Go to your saved songs and just type the artists name into the filter at the top, then hit shuffle. 

Screenshot_20190223-232531.png

Thanks for the tip.  However, I can't quite find the filter like you're showing.  Maybe I have a different Spotify version or I'm navigating to the wrong place.  I can go to my "Favorite songs" area (where I have all 3104 saed songs jumbled), and then I can select "Find in songs" and enter the artists's name.  But that's about as good as I can do.

But again, this is so different than it used to be.  I used to get a list of my saved songs already sorted by artist.  Then I could simply scroll through the artists (listed in alphabetical order) and click on one.  There would be all my saved songs for that artist sorted by album - awesome.  But it looks like they totally removed this.

Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to answer, but does anyone out there have an easier way?  And why did Spotify change this interface so much?  Thanks.

The same happened to me. The new update is terrible. Why would they take away the ability to sort your library by artist? If it stays this way then I will likely cancel my subscription. It's just too frustrating to find the music I want from my library.

Screenshot_20190307-195542_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20190307-195547_Spotify.jpg

Exactly the same problem. What is going on?? Is that a known issue affecting some users only or the real version of the new software release? 

Here is what I received from Customer Support today. Looks like it is the new version of spotify and not an bug with the new release. Clearly this is affecting my ability to search the music that I previously saved in my library. If things do not change quickly, I will turn to other music streeming services that better serve my needs. 

---

Thanks for waiting! You're currently on our new Your Library interface which we recently rolled out 🙂

In the past, when a song is saved to Your Library, the album and artist of that song are also added in the Albums and Artists collections.

In the new design, everyone will now only see the specific Songs, Artists and Albums they have hearted / followed.

It does take some getting used to and I understand that you loved the previous interface specially the artist tab. Don't worry, I'll send this out as feedback for you.

Our developers are always looking for ways to bring better service and deals to our customers.

Although it's not something that's due to be released in the near future, it is the sort of thing we test and have conversations with our partners about.

We'll make sure your voice is heard in those discussions, 

Suggested posts