Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Windows PC, Samsung Galaxy S8+

Operating System

Windows 10, Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

When I'm using Spotify on my PC or Smartphone, I am unable to put songs into the queue. When I click on add to queue on my PC, nothing happens and the menu closes itself after one second. Then, when I look at the current queue, the song was not added. Trying the same on my Smartphone either results in the usual success message saying the song was added or in an error after waiting for around 2 seconds which says that Spotify was unable to put "this content" into the queue. I only run into this issue when I play music through my Sonos player. However, adding songs to the queue works flawlessly when I try the same via the Spotify app on my iPad, which is conntected to the Sonos speaker as well. The error only occurs on Windows and Android.

4 Replies

So I've been having this problem as well, and I'm pretty sure I've just figured out how to fix it, atleast in my case. I think it's a problem on the Sonos side of things, rather than Spotify.

I was trying to fix it today and decided to open up the desktop Sonos app. I realized that for some reason the 'Queue' tab on the Sonos app had like... 3,400 songs queued up in it. I pressed 'clear queue' and PRESTO, 'add to queue' now worked again in Spotify. No more horrible lag and randomly not working when trying to add songs to the queue.

I have no idea how this happened. I never use the desktop Sonos app (because it's clearly sh**) and the 'queue' here was definitely not something synced up with Spotify's own queue. But give this a try, I hope it fixes it for you.

Thanks for your reply. I checked the queue on Sonos' app and I did have 8 songs in it. However, after clearing it the problem persists. It would be great if Spotify could find a solution to this problem. If you look at the forum, it is obvious that there are many people with this problem, be it with Sonos speakers, Chromecast or similiar Spotify Connect devices...

I'm having the same problem. For me it's only when I'm casting sound through my Chromecast Audio device.
The problem has been there for a few weeks now - it's so annoying! I can't believe that such a big company can't make an app that works for more than 20 days in a row...

//

I'm also experiencing this problem with Chromecast Audio. It seems to be a problem in the Android version of Spotify. Tried it on 3 different phones (OnePlus One, OnePlus 3T, Wileyfox Swift 2X) and on all three of them it did not work. Can't add, remove or sort the queue when playing on other devices (doesn't matter if I play through Chromecast Audio or one of the other phones).

When I play from my iPhone on the Chromecast Audio, the problem does not occur.

Definitly a problem in de Spotify Android app, I think it first occured about 2-3 weeks ago.

This is a function I use on a daily basis so I think I'll go an try to go back to an older version of Spotify for Android till they finally fix this.

Suggested posts