Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't cache playlists to Memory Card on Windows 8 phone

Can't cache playlists to Memory Card on Windows 8 phone

Spotify only has the option to save to the internal memory of my Windows 8 phone, which is not big enough. When are you going to update it it to give the option to save to the memory card? At the moment I am paying to be able to use spotify on my devices and I'm not receiving that service!?

5 Replies

This has been discussed here on the community before, from my own research it appears that SD card memory in Windows Phone 8 is read only which means that the Spotify application is not able to store content there. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Really?  Why on earth would Windows phone have a memory card slot that was read only?  I can select to save my videos, music and photos to it in the Windows phone settings but nowhere in the Spotify client does it give me the option to change where hte cached files are stored

I have a HTC-8S and it comes with 4GB internal and an SD slot.  i have inserted a 16GB SD card and want to use Spotify with it but i cant.

if you dont know the answer, dont guess ..........

Are those not microsoft applications though (which presumably don't have to obey restrictions)? 

Peter

Peter

The conversations i have had with the Microsoft business account managers and engineers indicate not.  Although there may be a development route you need to take to be able to access the SD card.  I am sure Spotify engineers are able to liaise with Microsoft (as MS are pushing the new Windows phones and would be extremely flexible with app developers as far as i am aware)

Maybe that is the case, but I was going on what resources I had available and another developer pointed me to this page:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/ff402541(v=vs.105).aspx#BKMK_Externalst...

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts