Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't connect to Chromcast (once again)

Can't connect to Chromcast (once again)

Hi,

I am sure this is again a problem that will be gone tomorrow, but why are there always issues with Spotify connectiong to Chromecast.

I use Android 7 with Chormecast Audio Devices Frirmware 1.29.106147

I also uninstalled Spotify and donwloaded once again.

Two days ago I could not see any Chomecast devices so I could not connect.

Right now I can see the devices but when I press connect it seems like it starts connecting but the connection is never established. 10 minutes ago I was listening without problems.

At the same time if I try to connect to Chromecast with any other App it works.

Best

Sam

11 Replies

Same here. The tablet just installed the spotify update 15 minutes ago and now it stopped working.

Same issue on 2 different devices. Both my wife's iPhone and my Android get stuck on "Connecting...". The issue appeared like a day or two ago, before that everything was working fine. Now none of the devices can connect.

Yes, I tried rebooting both phones, the router, the Chromecast, resetting the Chromecast to factory settings and even reinstalling the Spotify app. Didn't help.

All other Cast-enabled apps (i.e. Soundcloud, TuneIn) both on the iPhone and the Android ARE CONNECTING AND CASTING seamlessly. So it's obviously the Spotify who screwed something up.

Same problem here! Only with the Spotify app... others are working fine. Already rebooted Chromecast and re-installed Spotify. Extremely annoying... hoping on a quick solution... 

Same problem here. Can't cast to Chromecast from Android or Chrome browser on PC. All other apps work just fine. Help!

And same here. Yesterday could see the Chromecast Ultra in Spotify, but it kept say "connecting" for about 30 seconds, but failed. Today can't even see the Chromecast in the app. All other apps still work with the Chromecast. Tried restarting router and phone. No good.

Same here. Suddenly I can't see the device. As a developer myself I can't understand why this is allowed to happen. Maybe Spotify should test their updates before releasing them like every else do...

Same issue for me.

This issue only occurs with Spotfiy.

All the other apps simply work great...

It is ridiculous, I guess this is simply because they don't use the native way to cast (like other apps)...

Come on spotify developers  !!!

Same issue: I pick chromecast. Spotify is not connecting.

( I just had the problem that chromecast was not as an availeble device. This problem vanished. )

Earlier when I had this problem I took chromecast plug out of socket.

Cleared the "memory in settings". Used chromecast with Youtube... and then back to Spotify. 

Usually this worked and Spotify was connecting to chromecast .

NOW THE PROBLEM STAYS:

AVAILEBLE DEVICE  CHROMECAST IS NOT AVAILEBLE.

Kai Koskinen

P.s Little bit difficult to laugh now...

I'm not listening Spotify if it does not work with Chromecast. ( I play guitar every day "with/over" the music I'm listening.)

Wake up those who make new versions of Spotify and make Spotify as place to listing music instead of place to fight against technical problems!

i have the same problem

I have the same problem just now . It doesn't connect to the tv. I have taken the plug off and put it back. I have also cleared the memory. It just doesn't work. This is so annoying T. Kaitsu Koskinen

just spent one hour with spotify and theytell me my new haier tv with chromcast is not supported.

Suggested posts