Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't connect to Spotify on my Squeezebox Touch

Can't connect to Spotify on my Squeezebox Touch

Just added Spotify to my Squeezebox Touch. Can access all my playlists, can search and find tracks, but when i press play I get the error message "Invalid Username or Password" and at the top of the SBT screen it says Stopped.

Can anyone help get me connected please?

7 Replies

I have the same problem on my Squeezebox Radio! 😞

Hey guys!

Do you normally use Facebook to sign into Spotify? 

If so you will need to create a device password and use that to login on your device. 

If thats not the issue, post back here 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have used Spotify since the beginning so I am not using Facebook, I have a "normal" password for Spotify. So that is not the issue for me. 😞

Can you give disabling synchronisation a go? See if that makes a difference.

A quick search through up 2 results that both suggest that this corrected the issue! 

Here and here.

Peter

Peter

I only have one so I can not open those settings. Although I tried one thing now that creates even more odd questions. I tried to change password if it was that that was faulty, but couldn't since I had the "wrong password". Odd, since I log in to my account with that and also log in to the Spotify app on my computers with that password.

Very very odd...

This might not be a Spotify username and password issue. 

Can you check to make sure your mysb.com username and password are correct. Reading around again, it appears spotify requires you to also have a connection to mysb.com?

Peter

Peter

I solved it know, it seems that my account had several passwords in a weird sort of way. My ordinary password did work overall, except on the website! So even though I had a working password, Spotifys website said that I didn't. A reset and a new password was my solution!

Seems to be a weird bug somewhere, but this worked for me! Did not have a clue to reset the password since I thought it worked as it did on all my products.

Thanks anyways!

Suggested posts