Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't control Echo Plus volume through Spotify

Can't control Echo Plus volume through Spotify

Plan: Premium

Device: Amazon Echo Plus (2nd Generation), Samsung Galaxy S7, MacBook Pro early 2013

Operating System: Amazon Alexa, Android 8.0, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

My Question or Issue

For the past week or so I've been unable to control volume levels on my Spotify apps, desktop and mobile. I've tried all sorts of things, from reset, factory reset, changing language, downgrading the Alexa app, uninstalling Spotify, but nothing has worked. It's a mild inconvenience, but I'd really like some help with this.

22 Replies

Don't use bluetooth. Use an aux cord. The sound is also much better.

Quick update from me.  I’ve had the issue again even in the same network.  When I open Spotify and play a song it plays on the phone. I can then select an echo device to play it on but the volume doesn’t work.  A simple quick fix was to send the sound back to the iPhone and then back to the echo and bingo! The 2nd time I connect to the echo device I can control the volume immediately. Strange ! Bit it works for me. 

This is still a problem in 2023. It's incredibly annoying. I want to use the Spotify app interface, not jump back to the Alexa app every time I need to adjust the volume. What a huge oversight. 

Suggested posts