Announcements
Hey! It looks like all’s running smoothly again! Check here for what to do if you're still having trouble.

Can't control volume on Xbox via Connect

Highlighted

Re: Can't control volume on Xbox via Connect

Casual Listener

Same here! such an annoyance! fix this ASAP please!

Highlighted

Same issue here. Extremely annoying, this is no joke the best feature. Please fix this asap

Highlighted

Visitor

Seriously please fix this. This was my most used feature to fine tune the volume exactly how I needed it while playing certain games.  I have not updated my phone at all so this is must’ve happened with the recent Spotify update on my phone   

*update*
i have the ability to downgrade my app on my iPhone and I downloaded and tried the last 8 updates and it didn’t work with either of them which leads me to believe it must’ve been some system update on the Xbox or the Xbox Spotify app itself.  Hope this helps figure it out and get it resolved ASAP please. 

Highlighted

Regular

As I can see, must be the Xbox app since everyone is having problems remotely controlling the Spotify volume with any peripherals such as phones of any type or OS or PCs... Anyone having problems with remotely controlling the Spotify volume on a Playstation Spotify app, if available?

Highlighted

Visitor

Have same problem, trying to reinstall both apps on android and xone, hard reset, and etc... Nothing helped. Also can't control volume from the Xbox sidebar

Highlighted

Plan

Family

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra/ Xbox One

Operting System

Android

Same problem for me, stopped workinf a few days ago and i just decided  to start looking for answers on the inter webs. Judging by how many people using different phones and operating systems, im gonna guess this is likely a problem on Microsofts side. They had been doing ALOT of updates to the dashboard as we beta test it for the new series X. Lol.

Highlighted

Visitor

Same problem here! Xbox One S. Used to work fine, but no longer can adjust volume on Xbox through either iOS app or computer apps. Would be great to see this regression fixed!

Highlighted

Please fix this, I'm about to migrate to YouTube music if there's no fix soon. 

Regular

I have the same issue in the United States when trying to use my iPhone to control the volume of Spotify on my Xbox and this used to work up until about a week ago 

Highlighted

Hey folks,

We appreciate your patience while we looked into this.

We've heard back from the relevant teams and they've confirmed for us that this is currently the expected behaviour of the app.

If you would like to suggest a change to this behaviour, we encourage you to submit a new idea for it in the Idea Exchange.

More info on how the Idea Exchange works and how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here.

Cheers!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS