Can't control volume on Xbox via Connect

Highlighted

Re: Can't control volume on Xbox via Connect

Visitor
This is unacceptable just give us the option again.
Highlighted

I don’t understand why this fix is taking so long. I absolutely hate that I can’t use this feature anymore. I’m considering switching music playing platforms. This is the worst change that could of been made. Should of at least made it an option where we could choose to have this feature or not. Making us start a new thread for a old feature in the “new ideas” section is stupid. 

Highlighted

Regular

Just gonna add myself as another customer who's unhappy with this response.  It's a music app and the volume control was removed.

Look at the support page regarding this.

https://support.spotify.com/is/article/spotify-on-xbox-one/

"Here you can change your music selection, skip songs, play/pause, or adjust the volume."

Highlighted

Re: Spotify/Xbox One Connection

Regular
Check this out,
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Cross-device-Volume-Control/idi-p/5045278#
Please follow the link and like the idea so they fix it.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

What a terrible decision by the development team and what a terrible response to your customers. We shouldn't have to submit a "new idea" for a feature that was taken away from us. "We appreciate your patience while we looked into this." is yet another bad response that just put salt into the wound. Has anyone else from Spotify seen these threads?? We're not showing any patience nor should we. Give us, your paying customers, our feature back.

Highlighted

Regular

What an unhelpful response.

• This is not a "new" feature, it clearly existed before and people liked it
  • Please comment on WHY the feature was removed and WHEN is may be replaced
Highlighted

Regular

Regular
Everyone go and vote here! We are over halfway
Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

We can confirm that this is currently the expected behavior of the app. If you would like to suggest a change and allow for volume control on Xbox via Connect, we recommend that you submit a new idea for it in the Idea Exchange.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Regular
Hi there,

That is the EXACT same reply the last moderator posted about a week ago, have you read previous comments in the thread?

Thanks for taking the time to answer but no - that does not help us any further

We ALREADY have a thread on idea and are 200 likes away from the 600 needed

Just to let you know - this customer service has been the worst I've experienced in memory

Please stop giving us the same terrible response , it's only making people angry (completely understand why, after three weeks of this ridiculous back and forth where nobody at Spotify is capable of reading the comments and people's issues)

SUGGESTED POSTS