Announcements

Can't control volume on Xbox via Connect

Peter

Hey folks,

We appreciate your patience while we looked into this.

We've heard back from the relevant teams and they've confirmed for us that this is currently the expected behaviour of the app.

If you would like to suggest a change to this behaviour, we encourage you to submit a new idea for it in the Idea Exchange.

More info on how the Idea Exchange works and how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here.

Cheers!

Re: Volume in Xbox

Casual Listener

I didn't update my phone, ill wait for a update for Spotify or something to solve that issue

Re: Can't control volume on Xbox via Connect - Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

In the meantime, we'd recommend that you try reinstalling the app on your phone and Xbox, and unlinking the app from the Apps section on your account overview.

For that you can follow the guide on our support page here.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Re: Can't control volume on Xbox via Connect

Same here, xbox with a Samsung S7 phone.

Please revert this change as quickly as possible. This was my favourite feature as I didn't have to come away from my gaming screen (online gaming especially) .

Hi also experiencing this problem, used to be able to control volume on my xbox through my iPhone. Hope this gets fixed

Casual Listener

Please fix this! Its not almost impossible to get a good volume. 

Visitor

Same issue.

Samsung S20, Xbox 1X. Worked fine a week ago. Now no ability to adjust volume. Which is extremely frustrating as the default volume is very loud.

Betreff: Can't control volume on Xbox via Connect

Regular

device + OS version of your mobile phone

Huawei P30 Pro - Android 10 

exact Spotify version.

Visitor

Premium plan

Vers. 8.5.78.928

Was able to control volume on Xbox for spotify on Iphone XR, pc windows 10 app and web browser . None will control volume remotely now.

Is it possible its on Xbox side?

Visitor

I’m having the same issue, and I recently just updated to IOS14. I’m not sure if that’s related or not but I hope this issue is resolved soon please.

Regular

Recently can no longer control volume of Spotify on Xbox One via my PC (Windows10) Spotify app even after re installing apps on both. This is since last Spotify update on PC.

SUGGESTED POSTS