Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't find users on my desktop app on my google chromebook

Solved!

Can't find users on my desktop app on my google chromebook

I have the desktop app on my google chromebook (I'm not sure if the type of computer effects how the app works) and I've tried the whole 'spotify:user:(insert username)' and my app isn't showing anything, it's saying unknown search or something like that. I just downloaded it yesterday and I have a premium account. Help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @simply_rose.

Our desktop stand-alone client is for MacOS and Windows only. If you have a Chromebook you'll need to use the webplayer which doesn't have the spotify:user:username feature enabled. Sorry about that.

Hope this answers your question. Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @simply_rose! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Are you sure that you're using the regular app and not the web player? You should be able to search regularly for other users in the desktop. This setting is turned off for the web player. ^^

Let me know how it goes! 

Peace

@Nico, 

I was using the web player an then i realized a few days ago that searching users doesn't work that way so i downloaded the desktop app and it wasn't working there either, and that's when i joined the spotify community *sigh* i don't have my phone right now otherwise I'd just use that but I'm trying to find this specific playlist and i only know the name of the user and even when i search other users who i follow using the spotify:user:(insert username) method it doesn't work

Marked as solution

Hey @simply_rose.

Our desktop stand-alone client is for MacOS and Windows only. If you have a Chromebook you'll need to use the webplayer which doesn't have the spotify:user:username feature enabled. Sorry about that.

Hope this answers your question. Have a nice day.

Suggested posts