Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't go online anymore

Can't go online anymore

I cannot go online and tells me to log in to confirm I am a premium user. I AM online and I keep being told I am offline.

I have reinstalled and updated and still the same message. I cannot search and this is causing much frustration! Pease help...!

Cheers

Chris

9 Replies

more information needed.

the help-other suggests this is a device?

what specific device is it?

eg. my Toshiba tablet is wifi only .. and when I tether through my phone.. I can use the originally included web browser, but not an add on browser like firefox.. I also can not use Spotify on that tablet, unless I'm connected to a *wifi* network access point.

so... Device, how spotify is supposed to get access to the net... (through un rooted, un modified , phone? etc etc etc)

I am using an andriod phone, Motorola defy. It has been working perfectly for the first month of my subscription and hasn't worked properley for 2 weeks. 

Have done all I can with the information provided. The most frustrating thing is that I cannot ring anyone to discuss this problem. Commu ity forums are all good and fine, but I prefer to talk to people.

Any advice appreacited...

Cheers

Chris

Are you logged in with your facebook info? or something else?

Have you tried logging out of the app, and if the login is via facebook, logged out of your facebook app on the device?
  Then log back into facebook on the device, and then log into spotify.

I would also recommend.. after logging out .. reboot / restart your device, before logging back in. 

Its possible you have a cached credential problem.

If during logging into Spotify you experience any problem, that's the time to look for the trouble, so type your user/pass carefully to ensure you're not attempting a password 2 or more times, and causing a problem from the app's perspective.

just so you know.. on a personal level I *really* don't like single sign on from Facebook to other apps .. but its the only thing that seemed to work well enough for me with Spotify. Normally I wouldn't ever recommend using facebook as login type.

I dont have facebook so do not log in using this app.

I have cleared cache rebooted, reinstalled all with same result. It will not let me search anything.

I log in and out and same result, it tells me 'to confirm I am a premium user, please go online now thanks'. I am already onlie and have logged in and out, restarted rebooted again and same message appears.

it is extremely frustrating considering it was working fine last month and have had nothing but problems since...

Do you have Spotify Premium?

Looking at it, as far as I can see the Moto Defy only supports up to android 2.2, Spotify free on mobile devices requires 2.3 or above so you would need Premium to use that device if that is the case.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

yes I am a premium user....

Are you using WiFi or mobile network connection? Is it possible to try both?

Peter

Tried both and get same result.... Starting to think this app not worth the money

This may sound like a strange question, but bear with me: What country are you from? We have seen a large number of issues lately with German premium customers is why I ask! 

I would suggest opening a support case with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form too just so they can rule out this being some weird account issue. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Suggested posts