Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log in to web player using Facebook

Can't log in to web player using Facebook

Update 2/16: Can't reproduce this problem anymore; seems to be fixed now.

--

I can't log in to the web player. I have been having this issue since 2/09, and maybe earlier. I have a premium account and I use Facebook to log in. When I click the "Log in" button, I get an error dialog stating "Login Error: There is an error in logging you into this application. Please try again later." (See attached screenshot) It looks like a Facebook integration error, possibly.

I have tried logging in using Chrome on Mac, Chrome on Linux, and Firefox on Linux, all with the same error. The only way I was finally able to log in to web was to go to the desktop Spotify app and open Spotify Community from there. Unfortunately I cannot install the desktop app on all the computers that I use, so I hope this issue can be fixed.

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 10.02.52 PM.png
3 Replies

I was having this same problem the last couple of days on two different computers. Eventually I tried at the log in page clicking on the create account and then on create  account using facebook. It then picked up that I was already logged in on facebook and took me too the web player. Maybe this will work for you?  

Thanks for the workaround! I tried this and was able to log in 😄

This is still a bug that that should get fixed though.

It worked. Easy! Thanks!

Suggested posts