Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login on Samsung Gear Sport

Can't login on Samsung Gear Sport

I cannot login to Spotify on my Samsung Gear Sports in spite of repeated attempts. Deos anyone have any ideas?  I have a Premium membership.  Wifi is enabled on my Gear Sport.

I've tried using Facebook.  When I use my FB password I get texted a PW from FB to use in Spotify but when I key this in value I still get the unable to log in message.  

I tried turning off 2 factor for my FB account and this didn't help.  I also tried setting up an app password within Facebook for Spotify to use.

I tried loggin in useing my Spotify acount and this also didn't work?

Does any one have any ideas of something I should try next?  Thanks!

15 Replies

Finally figured it out.  I first signed up via my Spotify account so I had to use that username and my spotify pw.  Facebook was linked afterwards so it appears I could not use the fb password.

I have the same problem, and cant make it work. When I try using Wi-Fi streaming and my FB account, it says "Unable to Login, Check username & password". 

I found in some other forum that I had not removed all offline account from Spotify, I did that without luck. I know my FB user and user is correct. 

Any idea? I'm very ready to return the whole Samsung Gear Sport watch. The offline of Spotify was the main reason to buy this specific watch.  

Based on what worked for me I'd recommend trying using your Spotify Account login instead of the FB login.

I signed up for Spotify with my Facebook account and cant' figure out how to get a username and password that will work on my Gear Sport.  I don't see an option to unlink the Facebook login, any ideas?  

I found out that if you signed up for Spotify using your Facebook account, you'll need to cancel that account and create a new one.  (https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/account_help/i-want-to-use-spotify-without-faceb...)

I'm afraid that after I do all that, I still won't be able to log in to Spotify on my Gear Sport!  I see some people had success by logging in with wi-fi connected, well I can't do that either.  For some reason I get the message "Authentication Error Occurred" every time I try to connect to my home wi-fi.  Anyone else experience this?

I can't believe Spotify doesn't offer support, we pay enough in monthly subscription fees that you'd think you could get a live person to chime in here and offer us some help.   

Is there anything clear about this yet? Login Spotfy with premium account on Samsung gear sport with wifi is still not possible. I really like to run with offline playlists.... 

It's been workign fine for me since 2017-11-12.  What error are you getting?

i dont really get an error code. The green circle of spotify is keep spinning and i cant get logged in with my sports gear. 

What is your wifi connection setting?  When I want to sync playlists I change it to "Always." 

I have it too on 'always'.

But first i have to login....

I'm having the same problem as the guy above, I go to log in using spotify login with device login username and I get the green spinning buffer symbol forever, but when I attempt to log in using Facebook I get an Unable to log in message, please check credentials. I have confirmed that my credentials I'm putting in are correct several times at this point so I know that's not the issue. Very gratful for any help

I deleted all offline devices from my spotify. I cut the connection between the phone and the watch, after that I connected a wi-fi with my watch(not through the phone).Although my acoount is linked to facebook, I used my spotify e-mail/password. These steps worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you too. Cheers

Excately, this is the only way how it works, you apparently can´t log in via FB, if you don´t remember your Spotify Password, then just reset your password. After logging in with the specific Spotify Usernummer and Password, you finally are able to see your lists and download offline 🙂 Still not very userfriendly, I tried everything before, from Wifi, Bluetooth, connecting it via phone to spotify. 

How did you solve the problem rupe because I got the green spinning circle aswell and I don't see how I could fix this.

I battled endless times too. I came right after I did the following (anecdotal observation only):

Set device password (no idea what this is actually for, as all my devices worked fine anyway)

Used my username and password, still got "you need to login with username and password"

Here's the thing, as soon as I chose to make password visible on the watch it worked!

Who knows, but I'm just glad I'm signed in

Suggested posts