Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login to LG TV, works on phone and pc's

Solved!

Can't login to LG TV, works on phone and pc's

Hi,

I have changed my logon account on my TV to another username and password. It worked before with the other credentials, but now non of them works. The old logon was a facebook account the new one, which I like to use, is a spotify account.

I have tested the username and password on my computer, it works fine.

TV is a LG 47LB671V-ZB

Software version 05.05.01

WebOS version 1.4.0-2518

I have reinstalled the Spotify app, no luck.

There are no updates available for the TV.

The username contains a '-' but so did the old one which used to work...

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I was finally able to login.

In my case, I was using my email as the username. But the login needs to be done with the username.

My bad! It sure works now.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @Martin73, welcome to the Community!

Could you let us know what's happening when you try to log in your account on your TV? Are you getting any error messages? If you are, can you send us a screenshot?

We'll see what we can suggest.

Anyk17

Hi, sorry about the late reply.

The error is "wrong username or password, please try again. for help, visit spotify.com"

the credentials are correct, just checked on my laptop.

I'm having the same issue with an LG 47LB6500.

If I try to login using a free account (one from my friend), it says I need Premium. And if I use my Premium account, the app does not accept my username/password.

I carefully checked the username and password entered several times. It works perfectly in other Spotify clients (PC, Android, iOS) but the TV app just won't login.

Hey @juliohm1978, thanks for the info.

It would be super helpful if you could give it a try from a different Premium account. You can use a friend's account, just to test it out.

Also, could you give it a try with a different internet connection and check if the same thing happens? Send us some pictures of the errors you're seeing.

We'll be waiting for your reply!

Anyk17
Marked as solution

I was finally able to login.

In my case, I was using my email as the username. But the login needs to be done with the username.

My bad! It sure works now.

That's great @juliohm1978! We're glad to hear you were able to log in.

@Martin73 We haven't heard from you in a while. Are you still having this issue? If so, could you try logging in with your username instead of your email?

Let us know if this does the trick.

Anyk17

Yes!! It works 🙂

Sorry avout the late answer.

That's awesome @Martin73!

If there's anything else we can do for you, let us know.

Have a great day 🙂

Anyk17

Ok so I have the SAME issue. I have a Premium account. Have downloaded the Spotify app on my LG TV...but no matter how many times I try it will NOT let me login. It works fine on WIn10 laptop and iPhone

Suggested posts